Chapter 35

I press the voicemail as it started. First one from my boss asking how I'm holding up and a few more weeks left of my little vacation I did want.

The second was Niall. First when I heard his voice my heart sank.

"Baby" deep breathe. "I love you just remember that." And then it was done. No I'm sorry no nothing. Just that. Maybe the phone got disconnected.

The last was him again. "Babbbby, where are youuuu? I I missssss youuuuu. You no talk to me anymoreeeed. I loved you." As he slurs all his words. Clearly he's drunk. Great. The first voicemail was he drunk or even tipsy then.

Still no sorry, no apology, no nothing.

Tears escaped my eyes. The things this boy does to me. Is it better if we were just friends. Nothing more. Cause clearly he doesn't want. A relationship with me if he can't call and apology. The only call being him drunk a week and a day later. But whose counting right? Me. That's who.

I drive the 30 minutes back to my condo as I pull in I feel empty. Just a week ago I had a bunch of people over. I leave with my sister that was staying with me and now no one. Emptiness.

I walk in and everything was how it's been placed several days ago. I grab my mail and it's nothing. Bill, bill, bill, garbage, bill, letter. Hmm. I open it and noticed it was a wedding shower for Elenanors wedding later this year.

I look at the date and of course it's in London. Well three months from now. That's weird she's send it that early, but then again she does have a few friends out this way and privy ally given her enough time to make arrangements. Always thinking of others.

I sit down on my couch as I turn in the TV. Ugh nothing on. I look at the time and I'm exhausted. Mentally and physically. Between my sister and Niall I'm literally going to end up in a mental institute.

Then my mind keeps wandering. Niall. What's he doing. Is he okay. Is he okay with this no talking. Why did he leave a message. Why did he call. Did he only call cause he was drunk. Does he want to be with me. Does he not. Am I that much of a bitch. Should I call him. What's the harm of calling him. He doesn't pick up. He yells at me. Or we talk things out.

Maybe I should call Harry. Haven't talked to him since he left. He knows everything about our relationship. He's like a best friend, a brother, why not.

I pick up phone and decided to call Harry. Forgetting the time difference.

"Hello" his raspy voice answers and I call tell now he was sleeping. "Harry?" I questioned. I took him a minute to answer. "Kenz is that you" "yeah." I hear so ruffling and I imagine he's taking covers off and sitting up on his bed.

"What wrong, it's like almost 2 here" he says. "I know and I'm sorry. It's just he hasn't called Harry and it's been a week and a day." I say choking up at the end.

"Kenz he just needs time. He loves you but he's got to deal with management with the stunt you pulled. He more upset at himself than you." He says. "I didn't mean to do what I did Harry. I mean damn I have a mini vacation from my damn job, that I love, because of it." I sniffle. "I just want to hear his voice and not the drunk one." Wiping away tears.

"He he called you?" He asked. "Yeah, today, last night, I don't know. My sister and I went to Ohio she stayed now in back. Needed to get away and be with friends. Don't worry no paps" I say. I hear him mumble at the beginning of my speaking. "I told him not to fucking call."

"Wait you have a leave from work because of this." "Yeah." "For how long." He asks. "2 more weeks unless they put it longer." "Oh Kenz in sorry." "Yeah" I mumbled .

"Well I'm sorry to bother just wanted someone to talk to. Bye haz takes care". And I quickly hung up. I feel like he's disappointed by my behavior too.

Moments later I hear my phone ring and Harry's name on it. "Hello." I say. Trying to act cheery, but doesn't work. "Why did you hang up Kenz?" He asks. "I dunno, didn't want to hear the disappointment in your voice anymore I guess." Shrugging my shoulders knowing he doesn't see it.

"I'm not disappointed Kenz." He let out a sigh." "We you should be. I am." Which truly I am. I hated how I acted toward him to make national news. "Listen we all make mistakes when it comes to paps. We've all been there and done some stupid disappointing things." And for I minute a feel a little better.

"But has it cause the person you love to flip and not talk to you." Tears brimming in my eyes. he stayed quiet. "That's what I thought." I mumbled.

There was a period of silence until he spoke up. "Okay I know you both love each other and hate the way you two are fighting. This is what I'm going to do. I'm booking you a flight tommrow evening and you'll arrive here in London on Tuesday morning. Wen leave for Brazil Tuesday evening. Which you are welcome to come. You can talk to Niall and doesn't work or you can stay at my place or got to brazil with me." My heart sank again.

"Really you'd do that" I asked. "Anything for people that live each other." He says. "Alright I send through email everything. See you Tuesday. Love u Kenz. Safe flight." "Bye haz."