𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚜

Start from the beginning

As he squatted, Sage's eyes began to wander, lowering down to Daryl's ass, which she eyed for a moment before receiving an elbow to her stomach. Sage resisted the urge to groan, looking to Glenn who had caught her staring. Once Daryl stood, the two break apart their exchange, noticing the hillbilly was looking right at the blonde, his brother's hand in his own.

Sage pouts realizing what he wanted, but turns around as Daryl places his brother's hand in her backpack. The young woman lets out a squeal at the thought of Merle Dixon's dismembered hand in her bag. "Ew..."

"Don't be a girl." The man grumbled at her, to which she scoffed at, smacking him lightly as she turned back around. Daryl ignored the blonde, her swat leaving little impact on him as he looked around at the ground, following a blood trail. "Must have used a tourniquet— maybe his belt. Be much more blood if he didn't."

Sage was about to follow the man, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She glanced back to see Rick, T-Dog, and Glenn all staring at her. "Next time you want to check someone out," Rick started trying not to laugh as the blonde's face turned a deep red, "try to be more discreet about it, Sage."

The woman didn't even try to argue, instead she turned away, her cheeks still a bright red and follows after the Dixon man. T-Dog quickly gathered Dale's tools they had borrowed, aside from the handsaw which was covered in blood.

Daryl led them through a door on the opposite side of the building, a yellow caution sign pressed against the door, which opened out into a staircase. Daryl peeked over the railing of the stairs, looking down at the bottom floor. "Merle? You in here?"

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Once they reached the bottom of the staircase, they followed the blood into an office floor. A walker stood in their way, but Daryl quickly took it down. Sage followed him around the corner, to meet up with Rick, T-Dog, and Glenn, who were not far behind Rick. They walk down to the end of the carpeted hall, having cleared the rooms one after the other, then ventured into a waiting room of some kind, finding two dead walkers.

"Had enough in him to take out these to sumbitches.." Daryl said, impressed with the damage his brother had done. "One handed."

"Damn." Sage mumbled, looking at the walkers, scrunching up her nose in disgust.

"Toughest asshole I met, my brother." Daryl grunts as he pulls the string back on his crossbow. "Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails."

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is." Rick pointed out, and Sage nods, worrying at the eldest Dixon brother's condition. She didn't have the correct medical supplies and God knows if he's sustained any other injuries.

Proceeding on, they follow the blood drops, Sage on guard, her bat raised at the ready. She was fully prepared to swing on any walker that popped out and tried to eat her or her friends.

"Merle!" Daryl yelled into the kitchen. Sage stood next to him, peeking into the kitchen.

Rick came, standing by the two. "We're not alone here. Remember?"

"Screw that. He could be bleeding out. You said so yourself." Daryl said, readying his bow, going in. Rick looked to the blonde for help, but she only shrugged, following Daryl in. He was partially right, and the sooner they found Merle, the better she could help him.