.7

What happened that time was as vivid as day.

Cale remembered, of how much he clings to his Brother's legs and waist. The tears kept falling out his eyes, wetting his cheeks and drenching his perfectly ironed clothes in the process.

Cale remembered, of how unfocused and restless his Brother that day. The others may not notice it, but the redhead stays twenty four seven to his Hyung's side that's why he knew the emotions seeping out on his stoic face. The slight crease of brows, how he clench his jaw, how his Hyung-nim is pleading on staying by their Mother's side.

"Seriously, why is my sweethearts acting like this of all days?" Their Mother, Jour Thames, laugh on their antics as she tried to detach her youngest to her firstborn.

Jour tickles his cheeks drench from tears. Cale whipped his head back before he focused on grabbing to his brother's legs. He won't let his Brother left him, and if ever his hyung leave-- Cale needs to be there too.

He looks up to his Brother who's solely focusing on their Mother. Tears pouring down again as he crane his neck up, seeing his brother not even glancing at him but the large hands of his brother is on his head, messing his red locks and would occasionally brush it again as if combing his hair.

"Mother, let me go with you. Your healt--"

"Hic, ugh...H-Hyung..." Cale intervene, broken sobs seeping in between of their conversation.

"Nale, dear, stop. I can take care of myself. Just take care of your little brother here, hmmm?" Jour spoke in a soothing tone, wiping Cale's cheek using her embroidered handkerchief before planting a couple of chaste kiss on his cheeks and forehead.

Cale jump a little, hooking his arms around his Hyung's waist, he then bury his face in the hollow of the stomach. This startled Nale making him staggered, but he immediately adjust his footing before finally scooping him in a hug.

When Nale stood up, he's already carrying his little redball. The redhead dropping his forehead on his Hyung's shoulder blade, short arms circling on Nale's neck, not wanting to let go.

"Love, just take Nale with you. He's right, you needs someone on your side." Deruth spoke, glancing at his firstborn who's now slowly rocking side by side the sobbing youngest.

"Dear...!" Jour snapped at him, looking as if feeling betrayed.

"Father, No!" Cale second after, he shouted with a muffled voice, not looking at them as he's busy snuggling closer on his Hyung's neck.

Cale sobs harder. Nale can feel the vibration coming from him.

Cale didn't know but he feels like he mustn't let his brother leave the house. It feels like they would never meet again, its breaking his heart and he hates it.

"H-Hyung, y-you didn't like stepping outside, r-right? But why are y-you leaving now! Uwaaahh! D-Don't-- Hic... D-Don't leave, please?"

With his long broken pleas, hands tightly hugging his brother's neck, and how he almost choke on his words-- Nale finally fixed his focus to him.

Nale's eye widening, then guilt flashing on his face later.

Cale remembered.

Of how his brother muttered a low series of sorry on his ears.

How his brother tightly hug him one more time before gently passing him to their Father's arms.

How he wails looking at their retreating backs.

How his brother tend to their Mother as if a flower would wither in a moment.

How his Mother returned dead the next morning.

And how his Hyung didn't came on their home.

When did things go wrong?

____________________

"No! How could you?! Everyone must know my brother's existence! Why are you hiding him, as if erasing his existence?! Are you ashame of my Brother?!"

"CALE!"

Deruth's voice echoed like a thunder inside the four walls of their large mansion. The eight years old boy wearing a black suit halted his raging outburst witnessing his Father raising a voice on him for the first time.

Cale cupped his mouth as if doing so would stop him from shouting. He then noticed his Father looking haggard than ever, black bags under his eyes with his disheveled state.

He then quietly sobs.

Broken sound coming off of him, warm tears seeping in between his small fingers to fall.

"W-Why are you doing that then...? H-He's my brother..." He choked on his words.

Deruth sigh on the question.

A moments later, his Father walk towards him before collecting him using his trembling arms. Deruth embraced him.

"It's for your brother's protection. Cale, listen to me..."

"Hmmm.." A soft nod was made, muffled hum is the only thing he could master.

Soon, the hushed voices of the Father comforting his son is the only thing resonating inside the mansion who lost it's two lovely person.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

A/N: It's a rushed chapter, isn't it? I saw in my notif a comment ZhyBelle102, this missy here says she's rereading the fic hoping for update 😭 Here you go, pardon if it's short.♥

A/N: I'm in the middle of my online class haha. I'll update tom with two more chaps. Look forward to it! Enjoy reading!