Chapter 11 Private Jet

Chapter 11 - Private Jet

Because of my attitude, Piya's seven days and the guy is in thing was a hopeless cause. Our bosses also demanded business answers. We told them all about the split with the deal, and they weren't too excited to hear about it. Needless to say, we were instructed to step up our game. They even told us to attend the upcoming business conference in Orlando, Florida.

Sincere there were too many of us, the company instructed only Piya and I go.

Rahul Khurana was supposed to go there along with some of his employees to give a speech about his progress and such.

Guess who is going to Florida?

___________________

"Preet! There is a call for you!" Piya called from the lounge.

I was finishing my packing for the two day conference. I slowly walked over to her, assuming my mother had probably called to check up on me. Again. She had been calling me everyday since our arrival in America.

Anyways, I took Piyali's phone and brought it next to my ear.

"Hello? Stop worrying. I'm fine here, Ma," I said before my mother could start showing her concern over nothing.

"Really, beta (daughter/child)?" asked a masculine voice before laughter erupted on the other end. "Preet, you're something."

"Who?" I asked confused.

"Abhik, Preet," he said.

"What can I help you with?"

"I wanted to know if you--technically, if Piyali and you are going to the business conference to Florida."

"We are."

"Nice nice." There was an awkward, long pause before Abhik spoke up again. "So, I was just . . . um--"

"What is it?" I asked impatiently.

"I wanted to offer you guys to ride with us--me, Rahul, Sam, and a couple of other people--to the conference in our private jet," he blurted out.

WHAT? I looked at Piya with an amazed expression.

She mouthed, what?

I pointed to the phone in my hand.

"Are you sure?" I asked him. Maybe my ears were faulty and I had heard it all wrong.

"Yes" came the reply.

"Give me a sec to talk to Piya. We don't want to be a bother. I mean our company is providing--"

"Preet, I'm offering as a friend," he said softly.

Why is he using this sweet, soft tone? I don't want to say no him. I looked at Piya and put a hand over the phone. Quickly, I told her what Abhik was offering. She had no hesitation in saying yes.

"We'd be more than grateful," I said getting back on the phone.

"I'll see you and Piyali tomorrow. Will text you guys the address where we're supposed to meet," he said.

"Okay. Abhik?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you sure? I mean we--"

"See you tomorrow."

And he hung up.

_________________

"Sit next to Rahul!" Piya insisted as we all prepared to sit in the extravagant, private jet of Abhik's (I think).

Piyali was still continuing with the plan. I rolled my eyes and looked for Rahul. He was talking to the pilot. How is this going to work?