Chapter 50

Lupa was a fierce opponent in her wolf form, but it was worse for him when she was in her humane appearance. The differences between their bodies had allowed him several advantages, but now both she and him were using similar techniques. 

It was leagues different from how they'd approached spars before. But instead of feeling nervous or pressured, he was excited.

He needed to step up his game if she wanted him to go all out. He shook his shoulders and wrists, excited to find out how the Mother of Rome fought. Truly fought. 

She matched him well. They stared at each other for a moment. He didn't know what was on her mind, but he was running his mind at full power. Several strategies and weaknesses passed through his mind quicker than the air. He had to think differently since she had changed her form. 

Percy whistled a low note and as the sound echoed through the forest, silence fell. It was an indication to all surrounding wolves and animals not to interfere. 

And with that, their fight began. Lupa sprinted towards him, eyes flashing. Like him, she chose twin daggers, forcing their fight to be in close proximity, enough to feel each others heart race. It was fun, because they'd always fought in wide ranges before. 

She was enjoying it to. She felt joy from noticing how erratic his beat was even though she was slowly being pushed back. Percy had depended on his knives throughout his stay with the Romans and had become proficient enough to twist a knife out of her hands.

Ever since she'd told him not to hold back, he had a gentle smile gracing his lips even though he was in the middle of an intense fight. It was in that moment, she realized how much he'd been holding back. It was as if a veil had been lifted. His movement was clear and so were his drive.

He swung behind her, aiming at her lower back and after Lupa defended, changed his attack to jab the hilt of his knife at the back of her neck. Pain rushed through her as she raked her claws on one of his calves. 

They'd started out with pushes and pulls, but she realized it was just a warm up for Percy. He hadn't used any of his powers yet and nor was he revealing any of his tricks. He was just testing the waters and Lupa's pride getting wounded more than she was.

She regretted thinking so almost immediately. As the fight went on, it kept on getting more and more intense. He was so resourceful, it was annoying. 

She didn't know the full extent of his powers, but she knew that he had something more than just the inheritance he got from Neptune. It was proven when she felt rough branches wrap around her wrists, coiling around her like a python. They were restricting her, unrelenting. 

She blinked in surprise, shaken for a moment. It was so unexpected but at the same time, so obvious. She laughed at the situation. She couldn't help it. A son of the sea... with the power of the earth... did he want to take over the world?

Meanwhile Percy took the chance, slashing across her abdomen, drawing blood. Her reaction was weird, but it didn't stop him. He continued with his attacks, the plants assisting him. 

She couldn't shake the restraints off. For weak looking plants, their number proved them tenacious. And on top of that, the raven who'd accompanied him made a grand entrance. She swooped down periodically, blocking her vision and restricting her movement even further. Her face grew hot as the frustration only rose with every sight of black wings.

Just as she was ready to smack the raven, Percy's knives came down, giving Keria an opportunity to escape. By the slight flicker in his expression Lupa realized he had understood that she was ready to kill the bird. 

Lupa laughed again and took the opportunity to punch him square in the chest, making him double over. His eyes were watering as he barely moved away, avoiding another punch which was coming down on him. 

"Urgh," He coughed. A single punch was enough to blow out his wind. The size difference was more of a problem than he expected. He was literally half her height and her strength was overwhelming. 

But there was something Percy had an advantage over and he just needed the chance to use it. He weaving around her, urging the branches to tighten their hold on her. She had broken free once, but not again. 

He used one more of his cards, calling upon the water to bind her tighter. Slowly and subtly, thin stands of water caged her, creeping up everywhere till she looked like a piece of art. The deadly thin wires were already squeezing her neck before she even realized.

He drew on her with his blades, the consecutive jabs and slashes pilling up until she was covered in her golden blood. She wasn't given the time to get out of her restraints, but she managed to defend with her powers enough to prevent loosing. 

But there was another problem. Percy had switched to the greek style of fighting, making it even difficult for Lupa to counter his attacks. Though it was still an art of fighting, the speed they were going at made the difference between Roman and Greek wider.

Though she was extremely agile, Percy was smaller and faster. And including his fighting style he'd developed after the past months, he could acutely notice the difference between his past self and now. Coming to the Wolf House made him reveal his true colors. And it was blindingly radiant.

Clouds of dust danced around him but even from far away, his eyes shone vividly. His hair, which was now a long enough to tickle his neck, had come loose in the fight and was half-drenched with sweat. Even time his turned and ducked, black streaks would remain suspended in air just long enough to feel unnatural.

But Lupa was not one to submit to his beauty. Her years of experience and instincts kept Percy on his toes. Though he held the advantage, there was not a single moment when he could breathe properly. Blades were passing by inches away and limbs were making contact each second. 

Though he was not using his voice as a siren, he was overpowering Lupa. It was a slow progress. Percy had started the spar to satisfy his restlessness, but had ended up using the rare opportunity to test his combat skills. Meanwhile, Lupa had started off curious, but had ended up regretting. The desire to see what Percy was capable of led her to suffer under the same powers. 

"Admit defeat, My lady." Percy pressed his dagger further in  her skin, holding her to his mercy. His blade was pointed just under her collarbone but if that was her only restraint, she would've escaped long before. She had threads of water squeezing the air from her throat, ready to choke her and sharp branches clenching her side. Just a thought was needed for her to be skewered like meat.

Lupa growled. She didn't want to admit it, but her dignity allowed her to remain calm outside. Percy was stronger, it was evident. 

"I shall submit."

And from the air, Keria cackled.