Chapter 31

Salaam everyone! Sorry for not updating for a while. Same ole story lol Requesting Duaa please :) Ill try to update more often when I feel well enough! Sorry this chapter is kind of short. I miss all my awesome redears and their even more awesome comments. And of course Hudayfah and Rami ;) Stay awesome <3

“Are you doing okay?” Rami asked leaning over Sami to look at Rana, and she laughed nodding back at him.

“Yes Alhamdulillah. Are you?”

“I’m perfect. It’s a little weird having this wall between us but you know.” He said motioning towards Sami who rolled his eyes and put both his headphones in.

“Yes like it was my dream to be the third wheel on a romantic carriage ride!” he mumbled, and Rana laughed, leaning her shoulder lightly into her brother’s.

“So how are the wedding plans going?” Rami asked, and Rana grinned.

“Emma is amazing. She has planned everything so perfectly you would think she has been planning for months, not a week!”

He smiled at her.

“MashaAllah that’s great!” he was silent for a second has he fumbled in his pocket before he pulled out a small box which he placed in his lap before turning towards her. “I have something for you. And please be honest if you don’t like it.” He said handing it to her, and as she opened it, she gasped loudly, before picking up a ring with diamonds set in rose gold, and turning towards him.

“Oh Rami. It’s beautiful.” She whispered, and he smiled.

“It was my grandmother’s. Jenna gave me one of your rings so I had it sized for you. Already.”

She pulled it out of the box, swallowing slightly before turning back towards him, tears in her eyes.

“It’s beautiful. Sami, isn’t it beautiful?”

“Gorgeous.”

She laughed, glancing at it again as she wiped away a tear, before she placed it back in the box. “Rami, it is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life, and I love it, and I love you,”

“Hey watch it.” Sami warned, and she laughed.

“Sorry.” She put the ring back in its box and closed it. “But I don’t want to take this right now.”

“Oh. How come?” he asked a bit self-consciously as he took it back from her.

“Because I want to wait until you can put it on for me.” She shook her head. “I’ve dreamt of this moment for a while.”

“What moment?”

She let out a deep breath, before looking over at him.

“It’s not exactly about the ring. It’s about what the ring represents.”

“And that is?”

“Our commitment to one another. And I know that we don’t necessarily need a ring to prove that we want to be together, and that InShaAllah we are going to be together forever, but that’s what it does signify. And it’s going to be you who puts it on my finger, not me or my mom or anyone else. Does that sound crazy?”

He gave a chuckle, a smile on his face.

“No. It sounds romantic, and something that I am now looking really forward to.” He said pocketing the box again, and as he leaned back against the seat, he let out a breath. He had enjoyed this night immensely, even if it was kind of weird having Sami around. Even right now they were pretty squished together. The carriage driver couldn’t understand why they didn’t have Rana sit in the middle since she was the smallest, but after much explaining that they were just engaged and Sami had to be in the middle of them because he was the chaperone, the carriage driver had let them be, though he still looked confused. Thankfully Sami hadn’t been much of an intrusion, aside from a snide remark here and there, but it was still odd to have him there.