38: henry

I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I'm barely keeping my shit together but I still have to sit in this dumb fucking meeting with my agent, Percy, and my PR rep, Taylor, while they discuss the next move for me now that my reputation is better than ever.

They're scheduling all of the commercials and sponsorship deals for the next six months and I want to poke my eyes out with the stylus my agent is using on his iPad.

I miss Mirabelle.

If I'm being honest, I don't even really remember the last conversation I had with her. That whole night after I started drinking is fuzzy. The only thing I'm certain of is that she grabbed her suitcase and left.

She's the fire in my life and now that Mirabelle's gone, it all seems dark.

I'm just going through the motions while I'm awake to get to the day before I drown my sorrows in liquor until I fall asleep.

Wilson asked where Mirabelle was and I didn't have an answer for him because I didn't know. I know I shouldn't have, but I followed her after she left the stadium one day in Wilson's car. I had to know she was staying somewhere safe.

Thankfully she is by staying at her family's house.

I'd prefer that someone be there with her just because the police still haven't fucking found who torched the house, but I know that Bash and Thalia upped the security a lot after it was done being remodeled.

I don't know what to say to Mirabelle when I see her. Half the time I spend with her now which is a fraction of what it used to be, she won't even look at me. But more than that, I miss seeing her smile.

Hell, I fucking miss her in general.

I scowl at the table as I tap my fingers repeatedly on the table, half tuning into the conversation.

"-matter with Mirabelle. I think we-" My head snaps up at the sound of her name, effectively cutting my agent, Percy, off at my quick movement.

"What matter with Mirabelle?" I ask, her name rolling off my tongue easily.

He looks at me confused, "Henry, I called you last week and left you a voicemail about this."

Ah, see I wouldn't know about this because Allison called me at the beginning of last week and I threw my phone in the pool. It wouldn't turn on after that and I've been refusing to get a new one.

It's somewhat helped my stress levels knowing that Allison can't get a hold of me regardless of what my phone number is.

The only reason I remembered this meeting was today is because my agent came and got me from the training room where I was working off my hangover from last night.

"I broke my phone. Haven't had time to get a new one." I answer simply, still waiting on his explanation for what he means by a matter with Mirabelle.

"I'll get ahold of your assistant and have her get one for you. Mirabelle put in her resignation last week. Her last day is Friday. Since she's not going to be employed anymore by the stadium, we were thinking that the best course of action is to put out a press release saying that your relationship ended mutually that way to prevent any backlash on either of you." Percy explains and my brain is stuck on his first sentence.

Mira resigned?

"I-I..." I trail off at a loss of words.

She's leaving and didn't even tell me.

I guess that's what happens when you don't speak to your girlfriend for three and a half weeks. At this point, I don't even know how to approach her.

"What do you want to do?"