Chapter 34

I woke the next morning deciding to change my hair once again. Screw the press, screw the paps. I'm not going sit in my house waiting for the right moment to go out.

I went to a friend of a friend hair salon since I did have pink in my hair. I needed up going brown ombré and I love it . Something more natural and casual.

I got a call from my manager at work asking, no telling me to stay low key and she gave me 3 weeks off. I'm mad, this whole thing got way out of proportion.

I haven't spoken to Niall after my hang up on him last night. He never even tried to call me back, which upset me even more. so I went into my sisters room and cuddled her crying. Immediately she wrapped her arms around me.

It's now late afternoon and I haven't done nothing but veg out. I don't want be the first to break and call Niall to apologize. He was the one that clearly took other sides and flipped on me. If anyone needs an apology its me.

I hear a knock on the door and I huff getting up and opening it seeing Leah with tequila, and margarita mix. I smile letting her in.

"Girls night in" she says. "Where's your sister she's coming to it" and I point upstairs.

"Mikayla" she yells and she comes down in her pj and robe. "What" she huffs. "Girls night no backing out. I don't like to see two sisters drowning their sorrows together. At least lets drown our sorrows in liquor." And I look over to mikayla and we both Burst into laughter.

She makes her way down as we all three head to the kitchen. "So one question then I'll leave it alone." Leah asks. "Hmm" I say grabbing glasses out of my cabinet. "Has he called" and I shook my head no. She frowned and I looked out the window trying to control my tears. "He will." She said lowly but enough for me to hear.

As the night went on we were all completely waisted. Doing impressions of famous people. My sister doing impression of Harry and I burst into laughter spitting my drink out.

It was going on 1 am and I still haven't heard from Niall. I wanted to call him, drunk dial, as people would say but Leah took away my phone saying it'll only make it worse.

I needed to get away, even if it was only for a few days. I mean I do have 3 weeks off. I get online when I headed up to my bedroom and looked for flights to Ohio. I need to see my other friends. If Niall won't speak with me and mad I need to see them.

I may regret this especially the price of these tickets for leaving new two days but I don't care. I need them and I will go to them. But what am I going to do with my sister.

I walk to her room and quietly knocked, knowing Leah is downstairs talking to this boy Liam. No not Liam of one direction.

"Yeah" she says as I see her crying again. "I was just um wondering wanna go to Ohio for a few days. Get away from here see our friends." And I see a smile start to form. "Really?" She asks and I nod.

Then the frown started. "What's wrong" I asked. "I barley have any money. Mike disabled my credit cards. I can't go you have fun." I know we he would've done that. He's an ass like that.

"I'll pay, my treat." I say. "No no can't have you do that." She says but I walked out shut her door and hurried to my room before she can oblige again.

Just as j clicked okay to print and pay she comes barging in. "Done" I smirk. "I owe you." And I smile. "Wanna sleep together like we did when we were younger." And she smiles. "I'd love too."

----------------------------------------------------

We arrive at Cleveland Hopkins airport after a long 5 hour flight. The time change is getting to me. It's getting darker and I feel like I just woke up.

We rent a car and we head to our moms house. How I hate to stay there but I haven't seen her in months so I better spend time with her or she'll go bat shit crazy in me.

Niall hasn't called or text since that fight. It's been 4 days, but whose counting. Okay I am. Not going to lie. It hurts that I haven't talked to him or spoken.

Do you know how many times I've disliked his number just to hang up on the first ring. Thousands.

We arrive at our moms and shut the engine off and we both walk in, knocking on the door. Ever since my mom remarried I still don't feel like this is my house. It was never the house I grew up in or feel comfortable.

"Mikayla, Mackenzie your here. Looking beautiful as always Mikayla. Mackenzie have you eaten too much. Look this little chunk." Touching my stomach as I roll my eyes.

My mom always favored mikayla over me. I was a daddy's girl.

I went right up to the guest room as my sister put her bags I. Her room, my mom still kept. I Kaye's down staring at my phone. Why hasn't he called what did I do so wrong. A tear escapes my eyes as I just let it fall freely. Closing my eyes and remembering the good times I had with Niall. Are we over. What are we.

I wake up the next morning and quickly checked my phone. My daily routine. No missed calls no missed texts. Fifth day without speaking with him.

I go downstairs and my mom made French toast. I grab a couple and start to eat.

I grab my phone looking at it once more. Nothing. "What is so important that you keep looking at your phone for?" She says. I shrug.

Later that afternoon I made a group text to Cher and Lydia saying I needed to get out and I'm in town. So we all decided a 7 to go to Chocolate bar down in Cleveland then West 6 after.

As we all met at Lydia's house her husband got us a limo to take down town. We headed to dinner as we had a few martinis and I explained everything that has happened in the past month.

As we finished we headed down to west 6 and heads to the blind pig. Right off the bat we ordered a shot and vodka cranberry.

As we danced the night away I couldn't help but wonder what Niall was doing. I missed him truly did and I hated we were miles and miles away and still in an argument.

It was close to two o'clock and I was completely drunk. Stumbling to the sidewalk to find the limo we all arrived in.

"MK MK" Lydia yells slurring like crazy. I look at her seeing doubles. "I love you you better know that" putting her finger on my nose and popping it. "And I love you too." I do the same as she did for me.

The rest of the few days I mostly hung with Cher and Lydia. I did so happen to run into Lyndsey one day out at Paninis for lunch with the girls. I smiled and small talked with her, but nothing near what we were before the confession.

It was the morning of my time to go back to LA. Still haven't heard from Niall. It's been 8 days. 8 days too long. More than a week. I pack my stuff heading down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Hey" I say to Ray, my mom and sister. My sister seems so much more happier since she's been here. "So we have to leave in an hour Kay." I say taking the pot of coffee and pouring a drink.

"I'm not going." She quickly responds and I look at her . "What" confused. "I'm staying here. I'm happy here. My life's here. What do I have other than you out there nothing. Only reason I moved cause of mike." And I smile . Yes I'm going to be lonely with out her but who am I going to stop her happiness .

"I'll be down in a month of final hearing in court for my divorce. I'll grab my stuff and all that then." And I nod.

I spend most my time talking to my mom and sister before I left. Tay gave me money for Kaylas ticket which I tried to refuse but he wouldn't allow it.

I arrive back in LAX grabbing my car. I turn my phone on and I have 3 voicemails. My heart sunk. Could it possibly be Niall finally getting a hold of me.