Synopsis (Spoiler Alert)

Over ten thousand years ago, a majestic civilization ruled Earth. Its wealth of knowledge and technology was unparalleled. This great race, the Aldenduenum, once looked to the Dahjaat, a race of long-lived giants, for the wisdom of the ages. This was a time when angels still lived among men.

Over time, as human technology advanced, the Dahjaat were ignored or forgotten. Eventually, the Aldenduenum instituted a policy of apartheid. The Dahjaat were separated permanently from mankind. The Dahjaat lived in two tribes, the Chthonians and the Aempyreans. The Chthonians lived in the west, while the Aempyreans lived in the east. The Aempyreans built a beautiful civilization in the Himalayas. They called it the Kingdom of Shambhala. The Chthonians, meanwhile, built elaborate underground labyrinths.

Then, the world changed. The Cywornal Clan of the Chthonian Tribe grew increasingly spiteful and jealous of the humans. They longed for the days when humans revered them. Led by a megalomaniac warlord, they employed Machiavellian machinations to bring about an apocalyptic typhoon that destroyed the Aldenduenum. Humanity was reduced to tiny numbers of lonely survivors. The vast wealth of machines and technology became lost forever. Ancient wonders of the world like the Pyramids were the only remnants of the once-great civilization.

The apocalypse gave rise to a worldwide war among the Dahjaat. The war ravaged the remnants of humanity for centuries before the Dahjaat, at long last, called the Great Truce. Under the terms of the truce, both tribes would enter a period of hibernation lasting many thousands of years. The purpose of the truce was to allow the weak, fledgling, primitive humans to grow, thrive, and rebuild their civilization to some measure of its former glory. The Chthonians wanted to enslave this new civilization and mold it to suit their whims. The Aempyreans, on the other hand, wanted only to free mankind and allow it to find its own path through the universe.

In the early twenty-first century, archaeologist Hunter Price and his scientist wife Tiyana hover on the verge of a world-shattering discovery. While digging beneath the Pyramids of Egypt, they find the Dahjaat that the ancient Egyptians once worshipped as the nefarious god Set. They unwittingly wake him up early from his prescribed period of hibernation and, by doing so, put the world in jeopardy. Fortunately, they find clues left behind by the dark, preternaturally dangerous, unearthed demigod. Their journey leads them to the discovery of a sage guide and mentor, as well as capabilities of their own. The Price’s story becomes a race against time. Will they find out how to stop the madness before humanity is enslaved? Will they fail and watch the Chthonians reign tyrannically over humanity for thousands of years?