TWENTY-NINE

"  ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ.  "

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Episode 9 part 1

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Raina sat on the floor of the lobby with K next to her. The remaining 12 I-LANDER's had returned from sending off Geonu. The heaviness Raina felt didn't disappear, causing her to close herself off from everyone. She hadn't said a word to anyone since Daniel had walked through the Gate, she couldn't bring herself to smile when their friend's chance of reaching their dreams was taken from them. She didn't blame anyone, this was a survival show.

Raina squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath. She needed to get a grip. The older woman looked around at the others and saw Taki with his back towards them, Raina stood up without a single word and walked towards him. She didn't need to speak when he lifted his head to met her gaze, his eyes spoke volumes. Raina gently pulled the boy into her arms, her embrace was enough for Taki in that moment. As she pulled away from him, Raina caught Hanbin's eye and he gave her a smile. One which she gave back, although it was obviously force Hanbin didn't seem to care.

Raina had joined the group hug, standing between Heeseung and Sunghoon who both gave Raina's hands a comferting squeeze.

"To the 12 I-LANDERs who have made it this far, congratulations. These are the rankings of all Twelve participants decided by the producers after the first test. 12 participants, please put your name tags on your ranking chairs. I-LANDERs ranking 1st through 8th please put on the badges symbolising the debut team."

Raina had silently put her name tag on her 2nd rank chair and had pinned on her badge, ignoring the concerned looks she knew she was receiving from everyone.

"Now the 12 participant's ranking has been determined. These rankings will be applied in I-LAND until the next test. I-LAND Part 2, the second test will be revealed in 12 hours."

The 12 I-LANDER's had made their way to the 2nd floor, Raina sticking with Sunghoon as they walked into their room.

"Oh what's this?" Sunghoon suddenly asked. Raina turned from her bed and walked to Sunghoon.

'What is it?" She asked as she came to a stop next to him. They both stared at the screen and gasped loudly, the two looking at each other with wide eyes. Their gasp had grabbed the attention of the others who walked in to see what Raina and Sunghoon had found.

"The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place I-LANDERs get to have a day of freedom." Raina read off the screen, she smiled and turned to K who stood behind her and had nudged her.