Chapter 1

Cale Henituse was a child born into the count family. and is also a person who can inherit the position of the count

Cale's mother, Jour Thame, was a graceful, kind and intelligent woman. And Cale has a lot in common with his mother.

Cale loved his father and mother very much. Their family was like a happy family until his mother passed away when he was 8 years old.

Many people attended the funeral of the countess. Everyone was mourning even though Yang Kon wasn't really sad.

Cale saw everything, but he had to calm down.

He will be the one who comforts his own father, and he will be strong so that no one will ever look down on the Henituse household again.

Weeks after Cale's mother and Deruth's wife passed, nothing seemed to change.

Deruth still locked himself in the room and left Cale to wait as usual.

But today it has changed

Cale heard a knock on his room's door as he was reading a book.

It was quite strange that someone would knock on his door at such a late night. Maybe it's a servant, otherwise it's Ron.

The boy slowly opened the door, but the sight he saw shocked him a bit.

The sight he saw was his father, Deruth Henitus.

"father...?"

When Deruth saw his son open the door, he knelt before Cale.

"Cale, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for coming to see you late"

Cale was speechless for a moment. really want to cry.

"Father is here. From now on, I will be by your side"

Cale sobbed.

Deruth hugged his son not too tightly, but not too loosely.

"Stay with me, Cale"

Deruth didn't expect his son to forgive him. He just wanted to be with his son from now on.

"It's okay, Father, it's okay"

Cale trembled as he hugged his father.

***

That was almost a month ago.

Now he and his father are having breakfast together. The food that Becrox makes is really delicious.

"Cale"

"Yes, father?"

"Would you like to take a walk around the city with me?"

Cale was silent for a moment. Take a walk around the city? But he only wanted to relax in his room and read some books. Cale was about to deny Deruth, but his father was faster.

"I heard that there was a new library that was recently built and now they are opening it for free in the first month as it celebrates the opening of the new library. And I've also heard that there is a very relaxing reading resting spot and free meals"

"How can I deny Father? I will definitely go for a walk around the city with father!"

Deruth smiled. "Let's walk around the city together next week, Cale"

"I understand."

After that, the father and son ate all the food and left for their own work.

Cale didn't want to bother his father because Count Deruth had work to do as well. And he himself wants to read the books too.

"Ron, guess what father talked to me today?"

"I don't know, young master."

Cale pouted like a child who had not received a gift from an adult.

"Father invited me to take a walk around the city next week."

"That's really good, young master."

"Right? And I would like to have Becrox hyung prepared for me a lunchbox next week because even if the place I wanted to go would offer free food, the Becrox's meal was the best."

Ron furrowed his brows before giving a small chuckle. "Of course, my son cooks delicious food. I will make sure that my son's food will be satisfied with the young master's mouth."

For some reason, Cale felt that Ron's faint laugh would be the start of the nightmare he'd encounter next week.

"Ah, I have to go now, bye Ron. Remember not to come in my room if you don't get my permission!"

"This Ron understand now, young master"