[ 01 ] HEART POSTURE

UNEDITED.

I will be updating again once we've reached our vote goal.

vote goal: 5,ooo votes!

[ 01 ] HEART POSTURE

TOSHA

The mellow whispers of the wind graced my skin through the opened slots of the window. White curtains gently rustled around me as I gazed out into the crisp, crystal waters. I took in the salty sea water and instantly was reminded of being in this space before.

"Glad to see you're up early for once," Matteo's voice bellowed behind me in a deep rasp.

I smiled as I heard him shuffling under the sheet. I turned to face him while still keeping my post at the window ledge.

I wasn't sure what time it was but from the looks of outside, I was guessing we were just at the peak of sunrise. The golden rays of the sun gleamed through the opened windows of his bedroom while the white curtains continued to dance.

He ran a hand over his face, then later ran it through his mangled curls. I watched him, biting my bottom lip as I thoroughly took in the strong outline of his jaw and the puffiness within his dark brown eyes. What really kept my attention was each and every flexed muscle in his back and arms as he manoeuvred around to awaken himself.

The sun's light was so bright and intense that it almost felt as if I was staring at this man through a glossed filter.

Inflamed streaks of ruby red strokes marked his back and I could only assume this was from my own doing. I tried to recall what we were up to the night before but only the current images of my reality seemed to stick to the forefront of my head.

"You're not worried that my neighbors will see you?" His voice caught my attention once more. Now he had pulled himself out of the messy bed and with long strides, began making his way to me.

I was more focused on his words at the moment and looked out of the window before speaking. "Worried? Why would I be worried about your neigh...?" Then my eyes shifted back to my person.

Staring down, I was stunned to realize that I was completely in the nude. My bare skin glistened under the sun's rays. What the hell was going on? How long had I been standing here naked in front of this open window?

"Oh my God. Why am I naked? Where are my clothes?" I began to panic. Why had I just noticed I was naked? Why couldn't I remember anything from the night before?

My lips dipped into a saddened frown as realization of my own nakedness seemed to shame me. I tugged on a piece of the curtain, hoping to shield myself which served no real purpose in doing much of anything.

Matteo chuckled, amused at my action, as he stood directly in front of me. My eyes seemed glued to him, from the top of his head where mangled curls rested down to the strong calves on his legs. A light gloss of sweat coated his toned chest and with him being this close to me, the scratches on his body were more prominent than what I'd seen before.

"I'm not sure what's going on but if I wasn't so sure of myself and my abilities, I would assume you don't remember the time we spent together last night." His voice was deeper than how he'd spoken prior. Each word sent an electric shock through my body and the urge to lunge into his arms tempted me incredibly.

To my amazement, he took a knee at the ledge of the window. I gripped the curtain over myself as I watched him kneel before me. His eyes connected to mine before they traveled down the length of my neck, slowly and meticulously analyzing the mounds of my breasts before he reached his hand out to touch me.