Rooftop Vigil

TODAY'S FANART SPOTLIGHT:

This beautifully dramatic and ANGSTY masterpiece was drawn by _SScarlet_ !

I LOVE how they captured the scene at the end of Heart Bruise where (y/n) cries on the floor. The art style is so creative, you can feel the emotions SO WELL! It's so cool for me to see drawings that bring to life specific scenes in the story, you are WAY too talented!!! <3

BACK TO THE STORY

"Oh- Oh, no," Camilo choked out, his features stretched with terror.

"Camilo, he's going to be okay," Alma insisted, concentrating on slowing Antonio's blood loss.

"No! Get off of him!" Camilo shouted, frantically lunging toward Alma and tugging against her arm. His form violently convulsed into Alma, Antonio, and Felix. "Get off of my brother! You're hurting him!"

"Stop!" Alma snapped at Camilo as he ripped her bloodied hands away from Antonio's wound. Camilo morphed into his mother, pleadingly staring at Alma. He's losing control.

"Leave him alone! I don't care if you hurt me. You can hit me all you want! But don't hurt Antonio!"

"Camilo, Camilo," You desperately begged, restraining his arm. Camilo's pained eyes darted over to you, his breaths ragged. "It's okay. Senora Alma knows how to stop the bleeding. Let her help him!" Camilo, trembling, unsteadily focused on your eyes, as if anchoring himself with your words.

"It looks like he's dying," Camilo helplessly rasped.

"He's not dying," Alma hissed, her eyes narrowed in focus as she threaded her needle. "I need one of you to help."

"Me," Camilo hollowly volunteered, swallowing hard. It didn't surprise you that he'd immediately offered himself. He would have bottled the ocean for Antonio.

"Good. Come here," Alma ordered. Camilo shakily stepped closer, apprehensively regarding Alma. "Hold his arms down. The pain will wake him, and I need you to hold him still." Camilo blanched, looking sick.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" You gently intervened, equally terrified for Antonio's pain and Camilo's reaction. "Camilo, I can do it-"

"Yeah. Yeah, I can do it," Camilo exhaled, his voice quivering as he pinned Antonio's hands down.

Unsure of her grandson's stability, Alma shot you a sideways glance, a question in her gaze. You anxiously nodded. He needs to be the one to do this. Be strong, Camilo.

Alma took a deep breath, dreading the nightmarish task ahead of her. She suddenly plunged the needle into Antonio's side, hurriedly stitching his skin together. Antonio whimpered and stirred in his sleep.

The air felt gelatinous with nervous anticipation. Alma and Camilo held their breaths. Maybe this won't be too bad, you dared to hope. Maybe he won't wake up.

Antonio's eyes snapped open, and a bloodcurdling scream ripped from his throat. Oh, no. Oh, no.

Alma released a grief-stricken sigh. With dark determination hanging in her eyes, she unwaveringly continued. Antonio's pitiful cries slashed deep gashes into your heart. You smothered your mouth with your hand.

Camilo heartbrokenly buried his face against his own shoulder, silently shaking with sobs. He couldn't bear to watch his little brother shrieking in pain underneath his hands.

"Almost done," Alma breathlessly whispered, tears welling in her eyes. "It's almost over, Tonito." She hastily finished pulling the final thread through and knotted it. She numbly stepped back, letting her needle clatter to the floor like a dropped spoon.