Old Friends

Amalia's pov

I took every step carefully as their conversation was getting louder, I didn't intented to startle them as I got closer Tauriel sensed me and to my dismay she didn't even glanced at me. I knew she had realized it's me, but she stopped the conversation anyway as I took another step and I was facing Tauriel's back she finally glanced at me. I couldn't see whether she was glaring, confused or shocked because their was very dim light, she stood up her face now I could see was filled with confusion.

"What are you doing here, didn't the King ordered you not to come here?" She asked as her confused face expression turned into a frown.

"It's non of your business, though the King doesn't orders me I make my own choice and why are you having a friendly conversation with your enemy?" I twisted the question for her to answer.

"I was... doing nothing, you should leave soon before the guards come here" she advised before leaving, I knew she was blushing, why on middle earth she would blush!

I looked at Kili who was first frowning but when he realized who I was his face expressions softened.

"Amalia?" He asked confused, I smiled before taking a step down to Fili's cell.

"It's a long story I'll tell you later." I said before I turned to take look at my old friend, he had a shocking expression on his face that almost made me to chuckle. He blinked twice to gain his posture before he studied me again.
"What are you doing here?" He asked his face now turning from confused to a frown.
"I'm here for reason, but first tell me how have you been?" I asked,
"Just the way you can see me." I nodded at the state he was in he didn't changed at all, except for he was locked in a dungeon.
"And how have you been, can you explain what's going on, as well?" He asked as I remembered I met him in the forest,
"I'm fine, Fili... I wanted to ask that can I join the journey with you?" I asked getting straight to the point I didn't wanted to linger around and feared someone might come.
He thought for a bit as my heart beat fastened,
"Who's she?" Another voice came from another cell,
"Her name is Amalia uncle, she once hepled me when I got injured in the forest" Fili introduced me quickly, Thorin nodded and studied me briefly from a far.
"Thorin can she join our quest?" Fili asked a bit hesitantly,
"What makes you think i would let her, her kind locked us in the dungeons." Thorin said as his anger grew,
"This is not my kingdom, I don't live here , my kingdom was destroyed years ago.I just came here so that it would be easy for me to reach to the misty mountains." I explained,
"What do you mean?" Thorin and Fili both asked at the same time and with a brief sigh I started to explain, "The Dragon in that mountain is basically my friend, I didn't know what happened to him that he's acting like a monsters but he and I have a bond" they were all still confused and then I told all about my kind to them as the all the dwafs were listing,
"And as I have a bond with him, I can distract him so that you could take your arkenstone and he might won't even notice."
"No Amalia it would be dangerous" Fili said,
"But I have to get their and their is no other way." Thorin thought for a moment before saying, "Alright but for that you have to help us out."
"I'll do my best, I promise." I said quickly, before I heard some foot steps, I quickly glanced at Fili and then at Kili, "I'll see you soon."
Those were my last words before I stood up and quickly ran towards the exit only to see a guard coming,
"Miss, what are you doing here?" He asked as he noticed me."I had some work." I blurted out before walking pass him he was still confused yet he didn't stopped me and I sighed in relief when I was finally got out of dungeons and I ran to the other hall to make sure no one else saw me.
I ended up bumping into someone, when I looked upto see who it was, "Sorry, Tauriel." I said.
But before she could say anything I passed her and walked as quickly as I could to my chambers, their were so many things in my mind and I needed to think about them. I layed on my bed just staring at the ceiling and thinking about... many things, I would finally have a chance to meet Arob, I hoped Legolas would forgive me, where might be the dungeon key And all because of these thoughts I wasn't able to get some sleep, I sat up on my bed thinking about what to do, half of the kingdom would be sleeping, with a sigh I stood up and walked towards my door, I thought to go to the balcony or the kitchen, but I wasn't hungry at all. So I decided to go to the same balcony I once went when I was with Legolas, except for that Legolas was not around this time. I placed my both hands on the railings looking at the distant mountain, one day I'll reach my Destiny. I sighed for the hundredth time before lifting my head to look up at the sky. It was indeed beautiful, the stars were shinning with the brightest light. Elves were known by their beauty that came from the stars where the first born took place so I guess that's why we admired the stars so much. Even when I was in the forest I would always go to a clearing every night to admire them.
"The sky is beautiful tonight isn't it?" He startled me as always as I quickly turned around to see him walking towards me.
"Yes they are." I agreed not looking at the stars but at him he wasn't bothered at all by me staring at him absent mindedly and my gaze was following him as he was walking slowly yet gracefully. After a moment when he stopped walking standing beside me looking at the sky, I realized what I was doing and glanced away embarrassed, my cheeks were heating up I was probably was blushing but luckily their wasn't enough light to see that, yet nonetheless elves still had keen eyesight. "Look Legolas I'm sorry for that I argued with you after we captured the dwarves it wasn't your fault." I admitted placing my hands again on the railings a bit far from his. It was stupid of me to apologize so late after the archery he taught me, but at that time I wasn't ready I was having fun. But who knows tonight might be my last night here, I should do it at some point.
"It's okay, I know it was your fault." He said trying to hide his his smirk, I glanced at him in disbelief, by what he just said.
"No it was not just my fault you are also the one to blame." I said crossing my arms under my chest.
He sighed, not answering. I might have said too much I thought, he was acting so silent tonight, I think that might be because of the incident at the dungeons.
"Legolas?" I asked abit concerned though I wanted to regret that I was feeling so concerned about him but I wasn't able to do so. He glanced at me his expression the same that I couldn't read at all.
"Yes?" He asked, I tried hide my concern but it was stupid of me to.
"Are you okay? I mean I didn't wanted to offend you in any way, I was just..." my words trailed of. I was lost of words.
He chuckled watching me getting too nervous, "It's okay, I was just not in the mood of arguing today."
He took my hand and kissed the top of it. His actions were so different this time.
But I sighed in relief and gave him a small smile. "Is it because of Tauriel?" I asked curiosity taking over me as I didn't realized what I just said, but I was curious to know.
"How... do you know?" He asked, freeing my hand from his grip.
"I didn't, I just figured out" I said not wanting to get myself into any sort a trouble.
"Yes." He simply answered, before looking back at the sky again,
"Well, what happened?"
"Nothing that concerns you."
"Oh." That's when I realized I was asking too much then I should. I glanced at the railings then at the lonely mountain at a far away distant. I didn't realized Legolas was looking at me , he took my hand again as I faced him once again in the same position. He leaned abit closer then he should his breath touching my skin sending goose bumps on every part of my body he covered my waist with his other arm and pulled me closer to him ,my heart was hammering in my chest as he might also be hearing it. And at that moment I forgot everything as his forehead connected with mine, his eyes glanced at my lips for a second before glancing back at me. His mesmerizing eyes were the ones that hold be captive and then slowly he started learning in. My mind was blank I didn't knew what to do until the sudden feeling of guilt took over me and I moved away forcefully freeing myslef from his grip I looked at him my face expression full of shock.
"What happened?" He asked his face also filled with a shocking expression.
"I..I cannot do this." I said before running away from the balcony, I heard Legolas calling for me but I wasn't able to listen as I ran desperately to my room and finaly when I reached their I pushed the door open and closed it behind me. I collapse on my bed, my eyes filled with tears, I knew I couldn't love him, I would feel guilty and won't be able to leave him if I let this happen. I sobbed for like an hour before the sleep took over me and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

Sorry for the late update Everyone, I was kinda busy and I told that I would update soon but wasn't able to. That's why I won't be able to tell when would the next chapter arrive but don't worry, it won't take months but just some weeks.
Thanks for reviewing and please vote and comment, I always appreciate that. :-)