The legend of Wimegashega: The Guiding Light in the Dark

Our people were in few numbers and were stumbling around in a heavily wooded forest in the middle of the night on the mainland. Amidst the night sky they caught a not so subtle glimpse of a dazzling shower of shimmering Wimegashega so gorgeous not a single word could possibly describe them, they freshly hatched from the glowing egg that is the moon in its final phase until the cycle begins again. Our people were awestruck by these creatures, so much so they blindly followed them to the coast of the mainland, catching a final glimpse of the birds as they faded away, all hovering above one solemn island, seemingly small from a long distance. It had been several nights without the grand Wimegashega of the night and our people were building boats to allow everyone to cross over the ocean to get to the mysterious but comforting Island. Finally the moon had started hatching once again and a few Wimegashega flew straight to the lonely blue island, just waiting to become a home. Our people followed the heavenly birds of guiding luminescence across the oceans chilling waters. Finally our people landed ashore on our home of Fomshuchegadu, and as they watched the Wimegashega's glowing performance, they made a wish for our people to grow and thrive in peace and harmony.

And so here we are today.