Ch.2

The next morning I woke up, I was burning hot. My hair was stuck to my body and my sheets were drenched.

I felt like I was suffocating, I quickly went to my shower and turned it as far on cold as it could go.

I quickly got out when I started to sweat even more. I wrapped the towel around me and opened my window, which I was sure I already opened last night.

That's probably why I'm so hot. The air wasn't circulating correctly in my room.

I got a whiff of a scent that made my whole body relax. I laid on my bed, still in only my towel, and tried to inhale as much as I could.

I stopped sweating and my body cooled down a little.

I sighed in relief and stood to put on cloths.

I reached up on my tippy toes to get into my underwear drawer. I slipped on my under cloths and put on my cream colored sundress and sandals.

I never leave my house but I liked to get dressed up. Especially for today, I was graduating high school and college!

Since I had plenty of free time I begged dad to let me also take college courses so I could have a associates degree also when I graduated high school. It took a lot of convincing and pouty faces for him to give in but eventually, he did.

But I'm afraid to tell my dad that the next step for me is going to nursing school. I spent two years finishing general courses and now I really wanted to get into the nursing program at the local college. Dad had professionals come in so I could get hands on experience but I wanted more. I wanted the real thing.

I skipped down the stairs, usually, dad was cooking breakfast at this time and I was starving.

"Dadd!" I sang and walked into the kitchen. But it was bare, he wasn't cooking and there was no food left out. I pouted and snatched the note he left for me.

Iris,
Went to settle a few meetings with the Alpha and the pack! You will be required to attend the dinner tonight so be ready by five! Breakfast in the fridge. Love you!
~Dad

So, I suppose this meant I was spending my graduation alone today. I think dad even forgot because he didn't mention it in the note. That's okay, he's been very busy lately.

I opened the fridge and I felt it again, the heat. My body felt like it was on fire. It was an agonizing pain throughout my body.

I clutched my stomach and fell to the ground. I felt like I was there for hours, crying and weeping for my dad. I finally stood on wobbly legs and walked the stairs to my room. I passed out cold on my bed, too exhausted from the pain in my body to do anything else.

*
My eyes snapped open at the feeling of rough hands running up and down my body. The stench that met my nose was disgusting. I took one look at the man and became horrified.

"Get off me!" I screamed, kicking and thrashing.

The unknown man hovered over me, his blonde hair hung low, shadowing over his face. His dark eyes ran over my body over and over again.

"You smell so good!" He growled and ripped my dress apart. I screamed again and tried to push him off of me.

"Push" I heard in my head.