Chapter 10

<}Jerome{>

~Dream~

I laughed as I chased after that all too familiar red and black checkered jacket. "Mitch slow down so I can win!"

Mitch shook his head as he ran faster. "No way Biggums! I'd like to live to see the end of the Death Match!"

I smirked and tackled him to the ground, loosing my bacca hat on the way down. "Not today Mitchell! I'm gunna win the D!"

He rolled his eyes and shoved me off. "In your dreams Jerome!"

Quickly scrambling to my feet, I pulled my diamond axe off my back and held it up.

"You're on biggums."

Mitch smirked and quickly pulled out his diamond sword. "Bring it you filthy stinkin' bacca."

I rolled my eyes and advanced, swinging at his neck.

He easily countered against it and went on the offensive, swinging at me.

This went on for a while until Mitch made his first mistake.

He had stabbed at my side, leaving his guard down and allowing me a window of opportunity.

I smirked as I brought my axe down, connecting it with his chest.

With a gasp, he fell to the ground.

"GG biggums," He whispered and the final cannon went off.

I smiled, grabbing my hat and putting it on before watching as the arena shifted and turned into Spawn City.

Mitch appeared a few blocks away and I smirked, walking over to him.

"Good game Mitch! Too bad Betty can't loose," I teased, socking his arm lightly.

The ten year old pouted and rubbed his arm. "Not cool, Jerome. Not cool."

I snickered and began to run off. "Race you back!"

"Hey! No fair!" His whining voice called from behind me, footsteps pounding soon after.

"Life's not fair Biggums!" I called back, laughing.

Turns out, he ended up beating me back to the village due to a rock that was a little too big to jump over.

I sighed, catching my breath as we stood outside the gates.

"Same time tomorrow?"

Mitch nodded slowly, flashing me a tired smile. "I'll be here."

I nodded, waving my goodbye before heading out to my home in the surrounding forest.

The run home felt off, eerie almost, and the abnormal silence didn't help the growing feeling in my gut that something bad was about to happen.

Spooked I scaled my ladder quickly and rushed into my bed, the sun disappearing under the horizon.

"You're a chicken, Jerome, scared of a little silence," I mumbled, curling up into my makeshift bed.

---

A loud crash forced me into consciousness, my body jumping from my bed.

Low growls crawled their way out of my mouth as I grabbed my iron axe off my nightstand and carefully stalked out of my bedroom.

The air in my small tree house was colder, spooky even as I made my way out.

I relaxed instantly, letting the axe fall lazily to my side.

"Stupid wind."

"Isn't it annoying?" A voice replied, a cool blast of air rushing past me from behind.

I spun around quickly, raising my axe once again.

Nothing.

"You sure are fast. And your reflexes are amazing," the voice purred.

"Show your self," I demanded, snarling.

A dark chuckle rang in my ears as the small house began to spin.

"I think you'd be the perfect subject," the voice mused as I collapsed to my knees.

Two white eyes appeared in front of my vision before it all spun into darkness.

~

I shot up quickly, breathing hard from whatever I had dreamed.

"Jerome you okay? You kept screaming and mumbling in your sleep," Preston asked.

Groaning, I nodded and laid back down. "Yeah. Just a bad dream."

"Want to talk?" Vikk asked.

"Nah I forgot it already," I lied with a shake of my head.

The other hybrids nodded and went back to sleep almost instantly.

A quiet sigh escaped me as I stared at the ceiling. "My biggums..."