Commando App

(Y/N) POV

I walked into the lab after I finished getting ready for school only the hear Davenport giving everyone a pep talk. "Okay, guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions. But you are about to enter a soul-bruising, confidence-crushing, apocalyptic environment" he pops his neck "high school. Adam, Bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable."

"Yes! I'm going to school!" Bree shouts

Adam pulls me into an excited hug "I'm fairly stable!"

"But, Chase, I am still concerned about your Commando App." Davenport adds

Leo looks over at Chase "Commando App? Put on some underpants. We're going to school."

"No, see, in the face of an imminent threat, Chase's Commando App kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute I like to call Spike. It's kinda like a fight-or-flight thing, except I took out the flight part, 'cause, useless. And I replaced it with a testosterone level of like a Tasmanian devil-wolverine-shark-lion hybrid that's mad." Davenport informed us while walking around Chase

"Don't worry, Mr. Davenport. I promise that Spike won't rear his ugly head." Chase promised

"Oh, yeah? You mean like last Christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves?" Everyone but me and Leo started to nod their heads. I wonder what happened last Christmas.

Adam started to shake his head "Ugh, I'm still coughing up tinsel."

I arch a brow up at Adam shaking my head a bit wondering why I like him so much  "You know, letting Chase go to school, isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out." Davenport walked past me snapping me out of thought.

"Oh, come on, Big D. Chase has to come. With these guys, I'll finally get a prime spot in the cafeteria. That's right, y'all. Put on your coats 'cause I'm about to ride your tail!" Leo said while he followed Mr. Davenport over to his workstation.

Adam claps a hand on Chase's shoulder "Don't worry. We'll make sure he stays out of trouble. Right, guys?"

"Yeah. It's one for all and all for one. Unless, of course, you guys make me look bad, in which case, I am dropping you lame-os." Bree stated while I coughed "Beside Y/n" I put my thumbs-ups in acceptance.

"Mr. Davenport, I can't miss school. This is the beginning of my academic achievements and career trajectory. I mean, the road to astronaut lawyer has to start somewhere." Chase explained

"Okay. But I better not get a call from the art teacher saying that Spike ripped out her larynx. Actually, she wouldn't be able to say anything, because Spike ripped out her lar– The point is just to keep him out of trouble." Davenport shook his head as Adam walked up with boxing gloves.

"Hey, look what I found." Adam punches Chase in the stomach and he falls to the floor Adam then ran to hide behind me "Look, I'm sorry, but if he's that close to the gloves, it's gonna happen."

🌹

Once we get to school we make our way over to the cafeteria where Principle Perry is making her usual rounds. "Okay, you guys. That's Principal Perry. She has the temperament of a junkyard dog stuffed into a really bad pantsuit."

Perry starts to walk over and yell at a random kid as we all watch "Hey, you! No tongue rings in school! Don't try to hide it. I will take a metal detector to your face!"

Bree squeal in delight "This is it. My chance for romance. On TV, the new girl always drops her books and the cute guy with the soulful eyes picks them up." Bree drops her books and a teacher slips on them instead. "Oops! Sorry, I'm new." she then bumps into me causing me to drop my book.