Prologue

"We've found a survivor! She's breathing, but heavily injured. We need to get her to the paramedics!"

Pushing past the rubble of the broken down building, the Random Hero Rando helped to remove the remaining debris on the injured civilian.

Well, to say that isn't perfectly accurate; she was an unwilling test subject for some terrible quirk experiment. And from the looks of it, the only survivor of the many people experimented on.

"Don't worry Miss, everything is going to be alright. We have medics nearby ready to help with any injuries you may have."

Carefully he lifts the woman, gently placing her on his back before beginning to evacuate the broken down building. Using his quirk, he creates stable cloud platforms to safely descale the rubble and safely make it to the ground.

"Her injuries seem to be minor, but we should still make sure there aren't any injuries that we can't see."

Gently settling the woman down, he makes sure she is steady. Her legs seem to be unharmed, which is a miracle considering how badly the rubble was around her.

"Before I go, can I have your name? I want to see you again... so I can properly thank you for saving me."

Rando seems a bit taken back, but quickly shakes it off, smiling softly with a light chuckle. As a hero it was his job to make sure those around him were at ease; especially considering the inconsistency of his quirk.

"Of course. I'm the Random Hero, Rando. But I promise that you needn't do anything to repay the favor; I'm simply relieved to see that you're safe."

With the medics needing to take tests sooner rather than later, the woman wouldn't be able to speak with Rando before being taken to the hospital.

However, with the power of the internet the woman was able to arrange another meeting with this hero that was quite literally her hero in that moment. He had been the only one to return to that area of the building, the only one who could've saved her.

"You want to tell me about what the experiments were being performed for?"

The woman nods, seeming nervous about this. Given the nature of their meeting being in a private location, it was clear she didn't want others to hear. Rando didn't mind this, but worried about the woman's mental sanity; what could those experiments be after?

"They wanted to create a permanent way to power up a quirk; one that would enhance the basic nature of the quirk in a sense. They wanted people with weak quirks to test the success of the experiments, but they wouldn't believe me when I said I was quirkless... Perhaps that's the reason I'm the only one who survived; I had no quirk to go out of control, to harm my very being..."

Rando knew the authorities and hero agencies needed to know about this, but he couldn't go right away; he needed to ensure this woman felt safe. His quirk wasn't the most powerful today, but it could ensure protection if needed.

"So you never saw any changes in yourself?"

The woman shakes her head, taking a sip of her drink before continuing.

"However, I have a theory... If I were to bear a child, their quirk, provided they have one, would be more powerful than normal..."

"I suppose that would make sense, but why are you telling me this? Shouldn't this information be told to the authorities, or even the medical team that inspected your injuries?"

The woman frowns softly, setting her glass down and hesitating before responding.

"I... I felt like I could trust you the most. Truth be told, I don't really have friends or family to rely on; I don't have anyone to turn to. If there's anything I can do for you... I-I don't want to lose the person who saved me."

Rando frowns softly, feeling sadness for this woman. It was clear she was in a bleak situation, latching onto the first person to show compassion for her. Still, he couldn't just abandon her...

"The hero that saved you is already gone... Truth be told, my quirk changes every single day at midnight. I never know what kind of quirk I'll acquire, which makes it hard to know what type of hero I'll be tomorrow, in a week, even for years to come..."

The woman reaches her hands across the table to gently hold Rando's hands in her own. She smiles warmly; the first smile she had presented since meeting Rando, or even being rescued in general.

"But the person is still here... I want to help you in any way I can... I know I'm quirkless, but will you allow me to help you?"

Rando doesn't take long to respond, nodding before squeezing her hands.

It was the beginning of what would become a beautiful relationship; anyone on the outside could see that. And with love eventually becomes marriage, and for some...

"What do you think her quirk will be? Do you think she'll even have a quirk?"

Rando shakes his head, a loopy smile on his face as he places his hand on his wife's shoulder, looking lovingly down at her baby daughter.

"I don't know... but I'm sure whatever her quirk is, or even if she is quirkless, I'm looking forward to raising her with you... Our sweet (Name)..."

~ ~ ~

Hello. This is my first MHA fanfic, so for new readers to my account, I welcome you. I've had the idea for this story for quite some time, but I'm finally making it a reality. A hefty six-book story, with each story having a new reader and new love interest. It will have an overarching plot, but for the story it will be divided into six separate stories. However, they are in order so the second story won't be out until this one is finished. 

I hope to do justice for MHA's characters, and to give you a reader that you can enjoy. Each reader for the six stories will have various personalities, so if this first representation of you, the readers, is not what you like I hope you'll still stick around for the future stories, with new readers. I'll remind you all when this story is finished, but here's the lineup for the future love interests:

Book Two: Momo Yaoyorozu

Book Three: Katsuki Bakugo

Book Four: Fumikage Tokoyami

Book Five: Eijiro Kirishima

Book Six: Shoto Todoroki

Other than that I won't spoil anything for the future books. Let's just focus on this one at the moment. I'll do my best to update on a regular basis, but I feel like it's important to let you know I may not always achieve that; I don't want to create false expectations for you.

That's all I have to say, so I suppose I'll see you in the next chapter. =^-^=