Grayson's POV:

"Shit." I thought to myself. The knife just sliced my skin and it stings like crazy.

"You alright?" Max asked worriedly. I nodded getting up. I never understood why he always came to the arena with me.

He was terrified of what I did. However he always wanted to be my friend. That parts fine, but every time blood gets involved he looked like he would pass out.

"You sure?"
"Trust me I'll be fine Max." he nodded, realising I couldn't care enough about the cut.

"Let's go home. We can play some video games then."

"Now that's what I can do." he laughed at his own joke. I smiled, he was a good friend to have.

I walked towards the entrance and went to open the door, when it was opened from the other side.

In came Mae Kline.

"Look who it is." she muttered, thinking I couldn't hear it, but I definitely could.

"Look Im leaving. Bye." I tried to make it short. Yet she had to ask a question.

"Who's your friend there?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"Max." Max replied quietly, realising the tension between the two of us and not wanting to get involved.

"You don't fight do you?"

"No."
"Course he doesn't, I don't make friends here."

"Realised." she said nonchalantly.

"Come on Max." he quickly joined mein leaving the building.

"You both alright? Seems a bit personal." he chuckled. I grimaced.

"She's interesting. We've never been able to decently get along. She's the reason I've got the scar along my neck. I stabbed her leg and she wasn't supposed to be back, though she's back a month early and has signed up for nationals. Meaning I'm on that list with her."

He nodded, as I played with the scab on my knuckle.

We got back to my apartment. It was in central Brighton. We walked into the building and I greeted my neighbours who were just leaving their flat.

"What game you wanna play?" Max asked, sitting down on the sofa.

"Something with driving."

"How about GTA racing?" he said clicking on the game.

"Sounds good." I told him, happily placing myself next to him. I grabbed my controller and pressed start.

(3/2/22)