Chapter 14

"S-soul mates?" I said. Me and Kyo? That's- I can't find a good word for it.

"I don't think I've ever seen it happen before. That's why I am surprised now. The odds are extremely low that you two happened to meet at the same place, same time..." Hatori went on.

Is this why I feel this way towards Kyo? Does he feel the same towards me? I never knew there was such a thing as soul mates. I always thought that was made up. Until now. Well, why am I surprised, with my boyfriend becoming a talking orange cat. Too much has happened today.

"Anyways, that's all I wanted to tell you. You two can go home now." Hatori said, breaking the silence.

The sun was shining, the temperature was beyond reasonable, it was a perfect summer day.

Neither Kyo nor I could say anything. It was amazing. Hatori's right. The odds...

I could hardly look at Kyo. I was too embarrassed. I guess he was pretty embarrassed too.

As we walked back to the car, Kyo looked at me and said, "I didn't want you to find out about the zodiac thing."

"Nonsense, Kyo. How many girls can truthfully say that their boyfriend is an adorable cat?" I said, punching his arm playfully.

"...Not too many sane ones." I smiled at his reply. God, he was just too cute. I could hardly stand it.

After Hatori stopped to let Kyo off, I said, "Hatori, you can let me off here. My mom already thinks I'm here." I said, getting out and thanking him for the ride.

"Well, we made it back in time for lunch. I wonder what Tohru has in there." Kyo said, leading me into the house.

Everyone was home. Yuki was sitting by the TV, watching the weather, wearing a white t-shirt and shorts. Tohru was in the kitchen, making something that smelled a lot like soba noodles. Shigure was in the corner, reading a thick newspaper. He looked up, and said "Ah, Kyo, you're home. And you've brought Y/N, I see." He waved.

I went to the kitchen, greeting Tohru.

"Oh, hi, Y/N! Are you coming for lunch? I'll set an extra place. How have you been? I haven't seen you in a couple days."

"Oh, I've been good." I smiled. "Also, I know now."

"Oh, uh, know what exactly?" She asked.

"The Sohma family curse." I said.

She dropped a spoon in surprise.

"Oh, really?" She said nervously.

"So, if Kyo is a cat, what are Yuki and Shigure?" I asked.

"Oh, Yuki's the rat, and Shigure's the dog." She said, picking up the spoon.

"Oh, really? That's really cool!" I said.

"Mh-hmm!" She said, going back to the food. "I think so too." She told me.

After lunch, Kyo and I went back to his room. I was surprised to see that it was completely spotless. His bed was made carefully. His clothes hamper was empty.

"Wow, it's really clean."

"Uh, yeah, I'm kind of a neat freak." He admitted. He sat down on his bed. I followed.

"I... can't believe what just happened." I said.

"I know, Tohru's cooking is amazing."

"NO, not that. I mean, the other things." I said.

"Oh, yeah, the other things." He said, looking down. "Well, I know it's kinda cheesy, but I feel like you're one of the only people who's ever, you know, understood me." He pointed out. I smiled at him.

"Really? I feel the same way." I said, putting my arm around his shoulder.

"The only thing I'm afraid of is telling Kagura." He said. He shivered with fear.

"Um... telling who?"

He shook his head and smiled. "No one."

"So Kyo, do you wanna go outside? It's so nice out!" I offered.

"OH, YEAH!" He remembered. "There's this tree that-" he started, jumping off his bed.

"Whoa, don't tell me. Show me." I said as we ran outside. We ran side by side, laughing every so often. I watched him hide behind a tree, trying to scare me. I snuck up behind him and jumped on his back.

"Whoa!" He said, shifting me around on his back so that he was piggybacking me. He did this all the way to the tree he wanted to climb.

More like, trees. Five of them, in close proximity to each other. Like, really close. Close enough you could touch one while climbing the other.

"Oh, I see what you mean. This does look pretty interesting." I said, jumping off his back and putting my arm on the first branch of the one in the middle. I began to scale it, putting my feet in safe places so I wouldn't fall. He went after me.

"Alright, I'm going to try switching trees." I said, preparing myself for the action.

"Okay, just be careful." He said.

I put my hand on a branch and closed the distance with my right leg. I getting good at this, because this is what Kyo and I like to do together.

"Yay, I did it!" I cheered, and sat down on the branch I was on.

He smiled. He settled down on a branch beside me. We were side by side.

"You know, Kyo, so much has happened after I moved here." I said.

"Yeah, my life became a lot more interesting too. I'm not the same person as I was last spring. I've changed a lot, for the better. I think it's because of you." He said, which, of course, reddened my face.

"Oh, I don't know if I have that much of an impact." I said, looking at my feet.

He lightly took my chin in his hand and turned it to his face. I could see the truth in his warm eyes.

"I mean it, Y/N." He said.

I could feel myself getting a little closer to Kyo. Gravity seemed to be pulling us closer together. Our lips collided, as he put his arms around my body and squeezed in a tight hug. I could just go on like this forever, next to Kyo in a tree. I guess Hatori was right about us being real soulmates. For the first time in my life, I've let someone in to my heart. And it felt good to be able to lean on him whenever I needed to, no matter what.

We pulled away from each other, and I wrapped my arms around him, putting my head in his chest. It felt good to be able to do this. He wrapped his arms around me as well.

We sat, embracing, for a long time.

"You know, this is the first time I've ever been able to hug a girl without... you know." He said, letting go finally.

"Yeah." I said.

I leaned in for another kiss.

~The End~

Well how was it, guys? Please comment if you want me to do a sequel or something, because I can't decide for myself.

I'd like to say I had a lot of fun writing this, it took many hours and planning with some of my friends, but I liked my first fanfic. I promise to keep writing for you guys that enjoyed it. See you very soon reader-chan. Hope you have a nice day/night.