12. Didn't think you were the kind of person to read a book.

Luciana POV

As I forced my eyes open, the only thing I could feel was nauseousness.  My shaky hands tore the blankets off of my body. I slowly got out of the bed, and I stumbled into the bathroom. I placed my hands on the counter to keep myself upright. Once I gained my balance, I striped my clothing off and stepped into the shower. 

After I cleaned myself, I got out of the shower and dried myself with a towel and put on the same clothes that I had on. As I walked out of the bathroom, I kept my hands on the wall. When I opened the door, I was meet with Lorenzo sitting on the bed with his nose buried in a book.

"Didn't think you were the kind of person to read a book...", I questioned.

He tensed slightly before placing a bookmark on the page and snapping the book shut, "There is a lot of things you don't know about me Luciana".

I nodded, not having the energy to argue with him.

 Thats not how I wanted to respond. Maybe if Martino didn't send me away then I would have known about his and all of my brother's secret hobbies. Maybe if they would have tried to find me then I would have known but that they never did.

"Did you tell them what had happened at Nicolas's apartment", I kept my eyes glued to the carpet.

"No ... I thought it was nice it let you get settled in before you were bombarded with questions and worried siblings." 

I nodded.

"The next time I see that bastard he is dead," he sneered. 

Although I hate to say it, it's nice to have someone to look over me. To feel protected is a new feeling to me. New York was a cruel place to grow up alone. 

"Why are you even in here dickhead?" I stated, trying to lighten the mood.

"I wanted to see if you were awake yet.... Just to make sure you weren't dead."

I knew that that was the best from of sincerity I was going to get from him. 

"Why did you save me...", I mumbled, afraid of what his reply would be.

"Why did I save my sister. My only god damn sister from a crazy person", he raced over to me and wrapped his arms around me tightly before I could even react.

He began to squeeze me tighter.  I could feel his tears running down my cheek.

The big bad Lorenzo Roman that tore my teddy bear's head off as a child was crying in my arms. I had no idea how to react.  I did the only thing I could think of. I smacked him on the back of the head hard. He let go of me and took a few steps away from me.

"I deserved that" He mumbled while he rubbed that back of his head. Damn right he does.

We stood in silence for a few minutes. Suddenly a wave of nauseous hit me like a truck. I made my way over to bed and sat down, trying to make it go away.

"I need to take you to see either Valentino or another doctor, the side effects of those drugs are pretty bad."

I nodded.

Lorenzo came over to me, moved my hair out of my eyes before leaving the room. He came back a few minutes later with a panic looking Valentino following him. 

"Do you want to tell him or should I?", Lorenzo asked me.

"Can you", I replied.

He nodded and told Val everything that had happened that he knew about.

"Okay... their is not really much I can do except to keep you hydrated until the effects wear off. Then we will try to get some food into your system", Val told me as he began to pace in the bedroom, "Lorenzo go get some water and something with electrolytes in it."

Lorenzo left me and Valentino alone in the room. Once he was gone Val engulfed me into a hug.

"I'm so grateful that Lorenzo got there in time" he mumbled into my ear.

He let go of me and sat at the bottom of the bed while we waited for Lorenzo to return.

Lorenzo came back with a few bottles of water, a cup of ice, a straw, and some Gatorade. He handed the items to Val. He poured the water into the ice cup and gave it to me. I began to slowly sip it. As I drank it, every drop made me want to vomit.

They could see the look of grimace on my face as I drank.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------