Things Unknown

Omniscient

Onika sat and called her father over and over while Beyoncé was in the shower. She wanted to tell him about the drop situation, but he wasn't answering. She started to get frustrated and just gave up. She thought maybe she'll see him tomorrow.

"So, are we Uncle Rob know about this or what?" Beyoncé asked coming out the bathroom. That made Onika roll her eyes.

"Why wouldn't we tell him? He's not answering the phone" she said lowly.

"Ok... don't get smart leprechaun. I was asking because you tend to leave a lot of things unknown ma'am." Bey said.

Nika was already agitated because Momma Carol wasn't home. She was out doing god knows what.

Carol had her days when she would just leave and get drunk. She would come in at the crack of dawn looking all types of ways.

Momma Carol wasn't always like that. It started when she first found out Robert was tricking on her.

Flaskback

"Why aren't you home Robert" Carol asked over the phone. All she got was silence.

She started to hear faint moans through the phone. Carol knew those moans anywhere. They were her husbands after all.

"Sweet Jesus please don't let this be what I think it is. I will kill this man." she said more so to herself.

The moans continued, then she heard talking.

"Mmmmmm you taste good Papi." some female said. Carol couldn't take it anymore and hung up. She sent Robert a text that read:
Hubby💙- Robert I can't believe you would do something like this to me. After all we've been through. You're just hurting our family even more. I guess this explains why you're never home anymore. While your out, think of way to explain to our child why she won't see her Papa anymore. I told you, if you mess me over, i'll kill you. I meant it.

Carol then went into her liquor cabinet and chugged down half a bottle of henny.
She changed into an all black jumpsuit and black nikes. She grabbed her keys and proceeded out the door to find her husband.

The child upstairs watching cartoons didn't cross her mind not once. She was on a mission and wasn't going to stop until she completed it.

She checked her phone to see that Robert turned his location off. That just made her even more upset.

While driving for hours, she eventually gave up and would just wait it out. By this time, Carol was beyond drunk. She wanted some action, so she went to the nearest club.

Inside, men were eyeing her, and that's exactly what she wanted. There was one man i particular that caught her eye. He had a low fade, and as she looked, he had a shiny gold tooth. She made her way towards him and it was on from then.

Let's just say, Momma Carol got the action she wanted.

It was 6am when she woke up in a hotel bed next to the mystery man from the club. Her phone was filled with calls from her house phone. ONIKA!

Carol had completely forgot about her 7 year old baby girl that was home alone, for who knows how long.

The man next to her started to wake up as Carol gathered her clothes and belongings. "Where you going Mama? I wanna stay in touch with you. My name John, since we skipped all that last night." he chuckled.

Carol gave John her number and left. She needed to get to her baby.

When she walked though the door she heard crying and ran upstairs. "Hi baby! I'm so sorry! What's wrong Pooh?" she said running into Onika's room.

"Mommy you left me! Why did you leave me? I was so scared. I thought you left me forever." Onika cried into her mother's arms.

"I'm sorry Nika Bear. I am so sorry. I won't do that ever again."

But little did the both of them know.... There was more from where that came from.
Flashback Over

"Whatever Beyoncé. I'm about to go to sleep." Onika said rolling over in the bed. Beyoncé could tell there was something bothering her.

"Onika, what's wrong? You've been acting out since you talked to your mother. Talk to me please" Beyoncé said while pull nika into her.

Onika sighed and began to tell her about Carol. By the end she was silently crying. Beyoncé wiped her tears and told her everything would be fine.

Nika had no idea why Carol was doing the things she did. So when her mother started leaving her, all she thought was that she didn't love her as much anymore.

"I don't really know how to make you feel better. I can tell it's really bothering you. I think you should talk to her though. Y'all's relationship is too tight, and something like this could fuck it up. I don't want that for you." Beyoncé said.

And Onika knew she wanted to talk to her mother about it, but she didn't want Carol to know it was bothering her.

"I will, eventually. But if her doing this makes her feel happy, then so be it."