Time ticked on and Mrs Hudson excused herself to get away back to Baker Street and to bed. The whole ordeal had taken it out of her, the poor woman. Sherlock had promised his parents over the phone that they could visit tomorrow and see Molly was safe for themselves. Molly had felt herself blushing as her heart warmed, she felt like she had more family than she knew what to do with. Mary and John were still with them and Rosie was fast asleep in the travel cot Sherlock had bought for their babysitting duties. It was getting late now, but Molly's body was still running on adrenaline and it seemed everyone else's was too. Well, everyone but Loo. Molly knew she should have sent her to bed but she was as reluctant to leave Loo as Loo was to leave her so as she was nestled against Sherlock, Loo was asleep with her head in her sister's lap. Molly's fingers absentmindedly stroked her hair in the same rhythm Sherlock's fingers were tracing up and down her arm.

Mary watched Molly's face as she quite clearly pondered over some information that wasn't quite fitting together.

"Molly? Penny for your thoughts?"

Sherlock shot her a look but Mary gave one straight back and when Molly answered, he stood down.

"It's just something Greg said."

"And what was that?" This had Sherlock genuinely curious. Greg hadn't said anything to him.

"Moriarty. Greg said- he said he's dead."

"Ahh, caught in the fire most likely. I got out just before the room we were in caved."

"No."

"No?"

Sherlock arched his brow as Mary shifted in her seat. John stared down at his drink.

"No. Greg said he was shot. He was dead before the fire got worse."

There was silence.

"I remember- I remember the gunshots. I just assumed they were from Jim or Seb. But they can't have been."

Sherlock winced at how casually Molly said the men's names. It was a reminder of how closely they had forced themselves upon her.

More silence. Mary rubbed her legs.

"Right. Time to come clean I think."

"Mary." Sherlock's tone was one of warning.

"Are you sure?" John sounded nervous.

"What? What is it?" Molly's hand stilled in Loo's hair and she eyed Mary with curiosity.

"Mary, you don't have to."

Molly's brow furrowed at Sherlock's words.

"No, it's okay. I want to. She's my friend and she deserves to know."

John leant over and grasped her hand.

"If you're sure, love."

Molly shifted slightly in her seat.

"Okay, now I'm really confused. What's going on?"

Loo stirred a little in her lap and Molly watched Mary's eyes drop to her sister's head and then back up to her own eyes. She sensed this was perhaps a conversation Loo shouldn't hear. She woke Loo gently with soft whispers and caresses on her forehead. A surefire way to get a Hooper girl to wake up whilst also keeping her sleepy. Her dad had taught her that one. Loo murmured her agreement and Molly steadied her and disappeared upstairs to put her baby sister to bed. Sherlock had watched them go but as soon as he heard the door to Loo's room shut, his eyes flew to Mary.

"Don't look at me like that, Sherlock."

"I'm sorry, I just-" he sighed, "Mary, it's a big bit of information. And she's been through so much."