eighteen::epilogue

not edited

"I hope that you fall in love
And it hurts so bad
And the only way you can know
Is by giving it all you had"
~I Lived, One Republic

eighteen::epilogue

-

[ 2 months later ]

Liam was discharged from the hospital after two weeks of him recovering from coma.

Zayn still remembered that day vividly. He remembered throwing his pills onto the ground when he received the voice message from the hospital. He remembered how he had opened the door and ran outside into the rain, yelling at Louis, Harry and Niall to follow him because Liam had woken up. He remembered how he was soaked to the bone when he reached the hospital, but he didn't really care. The nurses had given him some fresh clothes, without which he couldn't enter Liam's ward. And Zayn, being the impatient person he is, stripped down in the main lobby and threw on his clothes, quickly,

Zayn also remembers entering Liam's ward, only to come face to face with two, big, tired doe-like eyes which he had fallen for. The doctor had been checking up on Liam, checking his pulse and adjusting his canola before he left, giving Zayn a smile which contained a hint of happiness and pride.

The raven haired man had then tackled the brunette, kissing him all over his face, muttering how he was sorry and how much he loved him through his tears. But this time it was different. Liam had kept true to his promise and had wiped them away.

The rest of the weeks had passed in a blur. Zayn had clung onto Liam and wouldn't even let him go to the bathroom without him. He had fed Liam, kissed Liam, bathed Liam, massaged Liam's feet and had cuddled with Liam. All the things he had been missing out on for 7 months had finally been accomplished.

Which would also explain the fact why the two lovers were now at their flat, two naked and sweaty bodies tangled in each other.

Liam panted as he rolled over from above Zayn, before laying down next to the latter, pulling him into his embrace. "I love you." Liam whispered as he kissed his forhead, and Zayn wanted to cry, really, because all this time he was waiting for those three words, and no matter how many times Liam said it, it felt foreign. Strange but happy.

"I love you too." Zayn replied, calming his breath as he snuggled into Liam's chest. "I can't believe you did this for me," Liam breathed as he traced the scars along Zayn's wrist, "Again."

Zayn smiled sheepishly, kissing Liam's neck sweetly. "I'm sorry.. It just got too much and--" Liam cut Zayn off with a long kiss, smiling as he saw Zayn smile softly into it. He pulled back and lifted Zayn's wrist to his lips, peppering feather light kisses along the scars, before placing a long and big one on the word he had carved on his skin.

"You're not worthless, you know. You're so beautiful." Liam mumbled as he looked at Zayn through his eyelashes. Zayn blushed and hid his face in Liam's chest, feeling the chuckle rumble across the latter's chest. "Before I forget." Liam muttered as he stood up, and Zayn whined at the loss of contact, "Impatient, babe." Liam clicked his tongue, before walking to the dresser. He pulled out something and went over to Zayn, making him sit upright. "This shouldn't be done naked." Liam laughed, helping Zayn into his shirt before pulling his boxers on.

"Zayn," Liam started, "I want you to know that I love you. So much. You're so brave, babe. So kind, sweet, courageous and simply lovable. I put you through so much pain, whether it was when we got together when we were eighteen or when I went into coma. Yet you still stayed. Yes, there was a time when you wanted to leave this world, but I'm so glad I woke up to stop you. Because there is no one else I would want to spend the rest of my life with. So, Zayn, I've been waiting so long to ask you this. The girl at the restraunt.. she was helping me with this. But anyway, I'm stalling. I just want to ask you, Zayn Malik, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Zayn was in tears by the end of Liam's speech and he burst out into sobs when Liam knelt down on one knee, opening a small velevt box to reveal a beautiful ring. But this time it was different. This time, they were happy tears.

"Yes!" Zayn yelled, jumping into Liam's arms, "Yes, yes, yes, yes!" Liam laughed, picking him up and twirling him around, kissing his face all over. He set him on the floor, putting the ring onto Zayn's finger, before kissing him on the lips, both of them smiling brightly.

"I love you, you know?"

"I love you too, Zee. Forever and ever."

-

THE END

IT'S FINALLY FINISHED! OHMYGOSH, I ACTUALLY FINISHED A BOOK! I hope you enjoyed it, though, because this wasn't really my favorite book, but y'know, I liked it anyway ^-^

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE!

~Harry