Chapter 13

LOUIS’ P.O.V

            Dangerous tingles shot up my spine as Harry snatched up a clump of my blue striped t-shirt and pulled me closer to him. Our thighs were barely touching against one another’s, but I could feel the electricity every time the fabric of my jeans brushed with his. I gulped, my Adam’s apple feeling heavy in my throat. He was mere inches away, the boldness of his vibrant green eyes staring at me with an indefinable emotion. If I tilted my chin slightly upwards, my lips would be locked with his easily. My stomach erupted into a flurry of nervous tingles as the thought crossed my mind. This was wrong, so wrong. But it seemed that every time Harry was added into the equation, all logic was thrown out the window.

I drank in every delicate detail of his pale features, admiring the way his eyes sparkled with the ecstasy of life and the smooth contours of his deftly crafted cheekbones. My eyes flicked downward to rest their gaze on his plump pink lips, my hand unintentionally coming up to graze his cheek. It flushed a deep shade of red as my fingers skimmed over his smooth skin and a small grin of satisfaction crept on to my face due to his reaction, pulling my lips upwards slightly. He smiled back, leaning in even further to the point where my eyes crossed to keep him in focus. We were dangerously close. To be in this intimate of a position should be illegal it was so intoxicating. I wanted to entangle my hands in his untamed curls, twisting them around my hands and press my thin lips to his full ones. Just a centimeter closer. One miniscule movement.

I took a deep breath and returned my gaze back upwards to focus on his eyes. They stared back into mine questionably, as if looking for confirmation. Asking if I was okay with this. He tilted his head to the side, his eyelashes fluttering shut. The pleasant scent of mint washed over my face as his lips parted slightly before brushing against mine.

Shock swam through my body, and my knees buckled from the buzzing warmth spreading through me. His thick, plump lips grazed my thin ones – not quite kissing, but rather skimming over them. Instinctively, my hands reached up to cup his cheek and pull him closer to me, but the rational part of my brain kicked in and screamed at me to stop before I could go too far. He was my mate; my best friend. My fingers fell back to my side reluctantly, and I pulled away before we could fully press our eager lips against each other’s. I could feel the confusion seeping from him as I took a tentative step away. My legs shook, trembling with fear at the thought of what we had just come so close to doing.

“L-Louis…?” Harry said, his voice cracking with embarrassment. His large eyes were glassy and filled with the painful jade green of rejection. My breath hitched at his vulnerability, and for a minute, he was sixteen again – all wild curls, hunched shoulders, and flushed cheeks. I wanted to run over and nestle my hands in his hair and kiss the living shit out of him, murmuring assurances softly in his ear.

But it was wrong - I shouldn’t be having such passionate desires about my closest friend. The emotional turmoil that came with upsetting that balance was something I didn’t want him to have to endure. I shook my head once and bit my lip. “I’m sorry,” I croaked, “I just can’t…do this right now.” I then abruptly turned on my heel, flew past the other three lads crowed around my flat screen, and ascended up the stairs to my room in a flurry.

 ~~~~~

LIAM’S P.O.V