Chapter 6

Mike sat still on the couch, still cradling Billie. He was scared to move again since last time it had resorted to Mike having to take his shirt off, and Tré having to get a bucket. Mike did not want another vomiting incident, so he sat as still as he could.

Billie must have apologised a million times now, and Mike kept telling him that it was fine but he wasn't having it. As Mike looked down at him, he noticed that Billie had his eyes closed, his breathing slowing down. He was falling asleep.

This was good news to Mike, as knowing Billie since they were kids meant he knew Billie slept heavily. Like, as if he was dead. So they'd be able to move him back to the car without fear of him puking all over again.

When Billie's head leaned to the side, Mike knew he was totally out. He nodded at Tré, who quickly got all their stuff together and went to call the car.

Mike sat up slowly and Billie latched onto his neck, like he normally did when he was asleep. So Mike twisted around and grabbed Billie's legs, standing up and carrying Billie to the car on his back. Billie kept his arms around his neck, resting his head down on Mike's shoulder the whole way to the car until Mike gently set him in the back, climbing in with him and pulling him back into his arms. Tré got in the front and told the driver where to go.

When they got back to the hotel, Mike repeated the steps to get Billie onto his back for a piggy back ride and Tré grabbed their stuff before they went up to their hotel rooms, Mike setting Billie onto the bed.

"Are you going to stay with him tonight?" Tré asked, receiving a nod from Mike. He gave him a quick hug before going back to his room.

Mike searched through his case for a comfortable shirt and pants and put them on before changing Billie into sweatpants and a clean shirt. He then flopped down next to him, tucking him in and checked his phone.

His phone was littered with texts from Adrienne, all of them asking (telling) Mike to call her. He scratched his head.

News spread fast.

He googled 'Billie Joe Armstrong' and several articles popped up.

'Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong collapses on stage'

'Green Day front man rushed to hospital after collapsing mid show'

Mike rolled his eyes. No wonder Adie was freaking.

He went into the bathroom and dialled her number, preparing his ears for the worst. "MICHAEL! Where the hell have you been?! What's going on?'

Mike pulled the phone away from his ear, rubbing it to stop it from ringing before putting the phone back. "Hey Adie. Billie wasn't feeling good during the show so we took him back to the hotel. He's sleeping now, but he's not in hospital."

He heard a sigh of relief. "I knew he sounded sick. Keep me updated."

Mike nodded. "Will do. Bye." He hung up and went back out to Billie, crawling into bed and holding him.

Surely he couldn't get any worse.