~𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖊~

"I pulled every item of magical importance from Ragnor's belongings

"I pulled every item of magical importance from Ragnor's belongings." Magnus said as we stood in front of a table filled with Ragnor's things. "But I can't determine which will lead to the Book of the White."
I stood right beside Alec. Alec who was mine now. I thought to myself. It actually happened. It wasn't a dream at all. I smiled to myself and pulled myself right back to the moment. It was important, I knew. But when life just gave you the most shocking and the most amazing moment of it, it takes time to process. I looked at the items in front of me. All looked...vintage?
"What about this bookmark?" I said, taking a ripped piece of bookmark in my hand.
"Wait...this bookmark." Clary snatched it right away from me.
"Um...manners?"
She rolled her eyes. "I've seen it before. In the alternate dimension you showed me a book of spells and this was it."
"Oh...yea. That's why it looks so familiar." I squinted my eyes at it. I lied. It didn't look familiar at all. "Then, it must have been the Book of the White?"
"If that's the case. We can use the bookmark to track the owner of the book." Alec said.
Jace shrugged. "Okay." He was about to snatch it away from Clary for parabatai tracking but Magnus beat him to it.
"Warlock tracking is stronger." He said and I smirked at that comment.
He took a deep breath in and closed his eyes. I didn't move my eyes from him, just for precaution. After a while, he exhaled and looked stunned.
"What?" I asked curiously.
"Well, there is good news and bad news." He said. "The good news is I know the owner. The bad? It's Camille."
I groaned and put my head in my hand. "We're doomed."
"Camille?" Clary asked.
"Looks like Raphael has her locked up in the basement of hotel DuMort."
"Well, after I punched her, there's no way she'll help me."
"I'm sorry, what?" I asked as Clary stared at me, like I was dumb. "Okay, well now we are just double doomed."
"She won't have a choice." Jace said, ignoring me. "Trust me." He stared a bit longer at Clary and then walked away as she was about to say something.
"Well, you two got some serious shit to talk about." I said. Clary gave me the 'seriously?' look. "What? It wasn't my fault that you kissed your brother." Our brother. Clary glared and rolled her eyes and then walked away as well. "I think I just pissed her off more."
"That you did, little bird." Magnus chuckled and looked between me and Alec. "I'll give you two some privacy." He said and walked away.
There was a moment of silence between us after I turned to face him.
"So, uh." He said
"So." I pressed my lips into a thin line and nodded. "So, we kissed." He chuckled. "That happened."
"Yea." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm so glad we got away from that crowd and all those people." He moved to stand in front of the stairs.
"Yea." I chuckled and bit my lower lip.
"Listen, Valkyrie I-" I didn't let him finish.
I stomped forward, wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his. I could feel the moment of shock running through him as he hesitated to wrap his arms around my waist. Or...anything. I stopped at that and looked up to meet his eyes. His eyes were WIDE and his cheeks were RED. "Umm..." I unwrapped my arms from him. "Sorry, I-" Now he didn't let me finish. He grabbed my face and kissed me like it's the last thing he'll ever get to do. I was shocked but I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around his neck. On of his hands grabbed me from my back while the other from the back of my neck. "Don't say sorry ever again." He whispered in between kisses. Our lips moved in sync. He licked my bottom lip for access and I gladly gave it. The hot fire that surged through my veins when his tongue met mine was everything.
Suddenly, we heard footsteps coming up the stairs and that is what made us stop. Alec turned around to see his parent while my eyes already met Maryse's. Yet he didn't let go of me. His hand was still at the small of my back.
She walked up to his son. "What have you done Alec?" That was all it took for me to shrink in the room. I looked down at my feet because I couldn't stand it.
"To us, this family."
"This isn't about you." Alec said. I tried to walk away but Alec kept a hold of me.
"Of course it is. You are either being selfish or naive. This wedding was your plan from the start. And now you have humiliated us in front of the most respected members of the Clave." She took a deep breath. "I don't even recognize you anymore."
That hit me as my rage got to it's extreme point. "He is still your son." I blurted out without even thinking about it.
She looked at me with fire burning through her eyes. "This is a family matter Hazel and it is none of your concern."
"She is here, isn't she?" Alec said, impatiently. "She is listening to everything you're saying and it gives her the right to speak." He said. "And I'm the same person I've always been." He took step forward. "Now everything is just out in the open."
She looked at me after that. "And all for a hybrid. An abomination." She shook her head. Alec was about to say something but she walked away before he could. He was going to walk after her.
"Alec." I placed a hand on his chest. "It's okay." I gave a tight smile.
"It's not okay. Valkyrie." He had rage in his eyes.
"Well, it's nothing I haven't heard before." I chuckled.
"Just..." Robert stood in front of us. "Give her time." He looked behind him to see Maryse walk away.
"And you?" Alec asked him.
"I don't really understand this." He exhaled. "But I suppose our world is changing. How long has this been going on? Are...you two...in love?"
"Love, uh, I don't know. Maybe? Yeah, I don't know." Alec couldn't find the right words. I looked up to see him completely red.
"It's all very new." I spoke up for him.
Robert looked confused. "Right." He just nodded his head twice. Yea, we are all confused right now. He sighed and patted Alec on his shoulder. "I better go check on Mom." As he walked away, I let go a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. So did Alec.
"Well...that was...something." I said to ease the tension between us.
"Yeah." He sighed.
"And also..." I moved to stand in front of him. "Did you just say...that you 'maybe'...love me?" I smirked as I saw his blush. Didn't know that it was this easy to make Alexander Gideon Lightwood blush.
'Well...yea... I mean it's okay, right? I mean, maybe..." I chuckled as he stuttered.
He's adorable when he does that. I stood on my toes and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He stopped at that and smiled. "You know, I just realized. You still didn't take me on that date."
He sighed. "Would you, Hazel Valkyrie Andor go on a date with me?"
"I would love to, Alexander Gideon Lightwood." I chuckled as he smiled.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I am back from the dead bitches! I am so sorry I didn't update soon enough. Been hella busy, but I'll try my best to update more frequently :)
Also, TYSM for 7k on this story. It means the world to me. Hope ya'll are safe during this crazy.
🖤🤍🖤