She's A Fairytale

Gold money, shiny jewels, fast-firing guns.

Three things that any lawman or agent would tell you are the only important things to an outlaw. Of course that was never true. The one thing that mattered. Above all else. Was family. And as you lay in bed, your hand cupping Arthurs sleeping face. You couldn't be more grateful for the life you had been blessed with. You watched as Arthur's body worked as he slept. Every part of him working together to keep him alive as he was unconscious. It's incredible how our bodies work. You took an easy, deep breathe and exhaled with contempt. You were happy. Truly, happy. It sounds strange, but seeing how Arthurs body kept him alive made you happy. You were excited to spend every living moment you had with him.

"You're pretty,"

Oh dear, he's awake

"Did I wake you?" You mumble barely audibly, you'd lost control as your body had succumbed to a deep morning stretch.
"No, I'd ask why you were watching me, but I have to admit. I've done it every morning since we've been in the same bed." He smiled at you, comforting warm water rinsed through you. It was nice to know you weren't the only one who did that. "Quite upset you woke up before me, so I can't do it today," he moaned. The pair of you were in silence for awhile before you blurted out something that had been hovering in the front of your mind,
"did you mean it?"
He scrunched his eye brow in confusion,
" 'I'm going to marry you one day' did you mean it?"
He laughed and grabbed your waist, pulling you closer. He then whispered into your ear "every word."

The cool breeze twirled through the branches as you stepped outside, boiled coffee in your hands. You spied Lenney on watch duty and Hosea sat on a bench, shuffling a deck of cards.
"You alright old man?" You joked as you sat opposite him
"Won't be long 'til you're in my shoes miss y/l/n," he smirked
"No definitely not long. Just another, what? Hundred years or so?" He shook his head, laughing at your comment "what are we playing?"
"Poker." He replied, handing out the cards. You looked at your cards in sync "I've seen you in action miss y/l/n, your poker face won't work on me."
"Jesus that seems like years ago doesn't it?" You looked at your cards. Your eyes instantly drawn to your two aces. "Are we betting anything?"
"A truth."
"What?"
"A truth, miss y/l/n. If I win I ask you a question and you have to be completely honest,"
"Oh you're not winning" you thought in your head
"go one then, just don't ask me anything too bad," you smiled
"So you have a bad hand?" He quizzed and you faked an uncomfortable laugh. "Go on then," he threw down his cards as did you. Three eights and a bunch of nothing, his eyes glimmered at your aces "you've somehow gotten even better since I watched you up in Valentine Miss. Y/l/n,"
"Why thank you, Mr. Matthews," you smiled, gazing over his shoulder whilst you debated what to ask him, but there was one question that was begging at the front of your mind, sizzling on the tip of your tongue."What do you think happens to us after we die?"
He smiled at the question and looked up to the clouds which teased along the faded edges of the blue ocean behind, which never seemed to grow angry. He sighed, but not the sort you do when you're sad or angry. He was content. Happy, even.
"Well, I'd do anything for five minutes with my Jennie again." His eyes connected to yours and a smile pinched at his cheeks "but I believe she went above and I'll surely be going below, if you know what I mean," he laughed
"Don't be silly, Hosea!" You placed a hand on top of his and gripped his soft skin "you're a good man, Mr. Matthews. One of the best. You took me under your wing at a time of absolute desperation, helped train me up and took me in as one of your own."
"You're going to make me blush Miss y/l/n, but you're making yourself out to be some kinda.... drowned pigeon. You have always been you, you just needed a bit of help and I know you would have done the same, had the situation been reversed."
"I love you Hosea, thank you," you smiled
"I love you too, y/n-"
"I love you three, y/n." Spoke a distinct voice. You turned and saw Arthur Morgan standing in the sun light, with a very excited Dutch Van Der Linde for a shadow.