17. Taking Precautions

Imaginary- Evanescence

A few months later (Newton, MA) (July)

Due to the success of SoMo's debut album back in April, an anticipated tour would be scheduled in the fall. Laurel had felt some slight discomfort in her midsection, but just brushed it off as nothing. Being 5 months pregnant, Laurel still did her usual routine, but only at a slower pace because of the baby. Vincent didn't want her to hurt herself. She hadn't moved in with Vincent, but all of that was about to change.

At the Doctor's office 10am

Vincent was excited to be at the doctor's office to see the baby. Laurel was the exact opposite, she was tired of having to constantly go to the doctors office every so often and was stressed about planning a wedding after the birth of the baby. Not to mention house hunting. That was a whole other story. (Ugh I just wanna go back to bed and get a strawberry smoothie.) They were sitting in the waiting room, waiting to be called in when Vincent said, "I have a feeling there's more than one." "Don't be so sure. Let's wait and see." "I bet you $10.00 we're having twins." "Whatever Vincent." (Smh. She's so cute when she's grumpy.)

A nurse came out and called the couple into the exam room. Laurel got on the table and Vincent helped her get ready for the doctor. Shortly after, the Dr. Carter (Temperance Brennan) came in the room and got the ultrasound machine prepped and put the wand over Laurel's uterus. "Dr. Carter is it possible for me to have a birthing tub instead of a traditional labor?" "Why yes of course. Is that ok with your fiance?" "Whatever she's comfortable with is fine with me as long as everyone's safe." Dr. Carter suddenly stopped moving the wand and took some notes. "Excuse me I'll be back in a moment." (I wonder what that's about? I hope the baby is okay.)

A few minutes later Dr. Carter came back into the room with a grin. "Congratualtions are in order for you Ms. Dawson." Oh great, what else is she going to say? She went back to the ultrasound machine and took a few clicks. "If both of you would look here on my monitor. There are not only one but two fetuses. You'll be having twins." Vincent and Laurel looked at each other in shock. How the hell did that happen? Laurel sighed, "Oh my goodness! My late grandmother was a twin, and it skips every other generation. I forgot that I could be a carrier." "This is fantastic! We're going to need a bigger nursery." "Correction Vincent, we're going to need a bigger house."

Dr. Carter printed out some photos and put them in a folder for the couple. "There's more. Ms. Dawson you'll need to take it easy these next two months otherwise you'll have to be put on bedrest." "Lucky me! Can I still work though?" "You can but you'll have to be sitting down." "Thanks." Vincent asked, "What about breast feeding?" "She can do it natural or pump if she prefers. But I would recommend natural first." "Any other questions?" "No doctor." "I'll see you in a few weeks, and remember no strenuous activity otherwise, its bedrest." "I'll be careful doctor." She left and the couple cleaned up and left the office.

---

10:45am At Laurel's condo

They both agreed to tell their friends and family about the twins right before the fall tour started. Vincent and Laurel sat in the living room looking at houses in Long Island, NY and they narrowed down two great properties. Vincent went to the bathroom, leaving his phone on the couch. It rang and Laurel picked it up not looking at the caller ID. I wonder who that could be? "Hey Vinny?", a seductive voice said. "Who's this?", Laurel questioned. "Ugh Laurel give Vinny the phone!", the individual replied. "Miranda stop calling him! He doesn't want you? What part of that don't you understand?", Laurel retorted. "I wouldn't be so sure. Why don't you ask him about what happened in the 40/40 club?", she said sweetly. "What are you talking about?" "Just ask Vincent. I'm sure he'd love to tell you in great detail how we reconnected." "That's bullshit Miranda and you know it." "Suit yourself." The line went dead and Laurel hung up with shaky...

The line went dead and Laurel put down the phone with shaky hands. Just then Vincent reappeared and saw the pained look on his fiance's face. "What's wrong? Is it the babies?" "I don't know you tell me. Especially since you can't control yourself." Confused he asked her, "What are you talking bout?" "Did you sleep with Miranda after the concert?" "No! The only person I was with was you." "Is that the truth?" "Yes." "Good because she's playing mind games and if she attempts to sabotage our relationship again, I'll kick her butt." Whew that was close!

***More to come in Chapter 18! Stay tuned everyone!***