𝐛 𝐚 𝐭 𝐭 𝐥 𝐞 𝐟 𝐢𝐞 𝐥 𝐝

ALPHA
{ chapter thirty-five }

ALPHA{ chapter thirty-five }

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Derek and I went through the old books that we had found in the Hale house. Trying to find something about resurrected werewolves or Kanimas or any of several problems we currently had.

"Has your mom talked to you or Scott yet?" Derek asked me as I sat on the table.

"No," I answered, "I think she already put the pieces together that I'm one too."

Derek looked up at me before turning around to see Erica and Vernon.

"You decided. When?" Derek wondered.

"Tonight." Erica told him.

"Everyone's going to be at the game and we figured it was the best time." Vernon pointed out.

"It's not like we want to." Erica spoke.

"What do you want?" Derek asked.

"Since I just turned sixteen a month ago, I wouldn't mind getting my license. I can't do that if I'm dead you know." She answered.

"Well, I told you there was a price." Derek told them.

"You didn't say it would be like this." Vernon replied.

"Yeah, but I told you how to survive. You do it as a pack and you're not a pack without an alpha." Derek spoke.

"We know." Vernon said before looking at Erica.

"You wanna look for another pack? How are you even gonna find one?" Derek questioned.

"We think we already did." Vernon answered.

"Like all of a sudden, we heard all this howling. It was unbelievable. There must have been a dozen of them. Maybe more." Erica informed him.

"Yeah, or maybe only two. You know what beau gest effect is? If they modulate their howls with a rapid shift in tone, two wolves can sound like twenty." Derek responded.

"That doesn't matter, okay? There's another pack out there. There's got to be. We've made up our minds." Erica replied.

"We lost, Derek, and it's over. We're leaving." Vernon told him.

"No, you're running, and once you start, you don't stop. You'll always be running." Derek pointed out.

I grabbed his hand, "Let them go."