How Much Should A Diamond Engagement Ring Cost?

The right ring buying etiquettes are necessary because the engagement rings are considered the symbol of love and one should respect their beloved's feelings while shopping for diamond engagement rings.

Some people still follow the thumb rule of spending three months of salary on solitaire engagement rings while others feel the tradition is a bit orthodox. Engagement ring styles and their price band can easily confuse anyone. But the question is, what should be the budget and what is the ideal carat size for the diamond? Keep on reading and you will know everything about designer engagement rings.

What is the Average Price Range for Classic Engagement Rings?

The average cost of an engagement ring basically depends on the size of the stone used in it. Soon to wed couples in the USA like to spend on an engagement ring with a diamond at least 1 carat in weight. That makes the average cost of the ring somewhere around $7000 to $8000. If you feel that 1 carat diamond is too heavy on your pocket then you don't have to worry about the national average, just be mindful about the expenses.

How Much Should You Spend on Engagement Rings?

If you are interested you can spend thousands of dollars on vintage engagement rings, however, if you have student debts, mortgages or any other expenses to take care of then breaking a bank is not advisable. You can pick a budget option with a smaller carat size like 0.5 or 0.6. Besides, if you still want to pick a larger carat size then you may opt for slight inclusions or clarity defects. The tiny flaws are hard to be seen by naked eyes but can surely lower the price of the ring.

How to Find the best Suited Rings?

You may wish to follow what's trending and order a David Yurman engagement ring. But it is important to consider the style preferences of your beloved. Confirm that the design you are choosing is suitable for her lifestyle. It is important to know what's her style statement to choose a ring that suits her the best. Some classic choices are halo engagement rings , classic round cut or emerald cut solitaires.

Bottom Line

There is no set rule about the average amount that you need to keep aside for the engagement ring. The decision should be based on personal preferences. Browse through the option and you can surely find a design that is easy on your pocket.