𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑖𝑖

OLIVIA CLARKSON

OLIVIA CLARKSON

. . . .

Silence. Peace. Beauty.

This place is a combination of all three. The silence is a contrasting environment of the fiesta, peace found in short noises made by animals and birds and the soft rumble of water as it cascaded down the rocks. The moonlight provides the beautiful shine to all these as it blankets the night. It was utter beauty here. As we stare into each other, the silence being the messenger between us. It all looked magical.

Digging into the basket, he brings out our little friend, Leo. He jumps out of Caleb's grasp onto my lap once his eyes land on me. I can't help but laugh and stick my tongue out at Caleb as he feigns sadness but I can notice the corner of his lips.

"Traitor," Caleb mumbles at the cute puppy laying on my lap.

Leo is the small puppy we found three weeks back on our way to the club near Caleb's house. He was shivering, scared and freezing, in the alleyway when we found him. We took him to the vet to get him checked before taking him to Caleb's. I would've stolen him away if I wasn't always busy in the hospital. Seeing him after so long took my mind off the letter, cupid, and everything crazy that happened back in the fiesta.

"I have a feeling that you're trying to bribe me, Mr. Stone" I point out, not taking my eyes off Leo while playing with him. He is enjoying all the attention I'm giving him.

"I am, Ms. Clarkson"

"Bribe me to?"

"Be my girlfriend," He says with confidence that makes me turn my attention back to him away from the pup in my hand. "Don't overthink. No, better don't think at all," the confidence fading out as he starts to blabber taking my hand in his. I would've laughed at his flustered state if I, myself, wasn't so flustered.

"I love you, Liv. It has always been you. I never dared to ask you out. Even now the thought of you distancing yourself from me terrifies me. I needed this little bud's help to get those words out. The kiss... was never a mistake, at least for me." Every word that comes out of his mouth makes me feel stunned. I never thought he would feel the same way as I did. He is holding onto my hand as if It anchored him to reality and calmed him down. My free hand holding Leo loosely, I needed his help now too. "Every time you said that you weren't perfect enough, it broke me. You are perfect for me. Too perfect for me if I'm hone—"

Our lips connected cutting him off.

At that moment, it didn't matter to me if we were perfect at all or if we could be happy. All that mattered to me was we were perfect for each other. That was perfect. I was searching for the love that was right here with me. The letter wasn't meant to startle but to help me.

Leo's loud bark makes us pull away from the kiss. Caleb throws him a dirty look before pulling me close to him.

"That wasn't a drunk mistake"

The clock strikes twelve right that moment. This was the perfect start of the new year, It doesn't matter if it was going to be magical or not but I know it's going to be great nonetheless.

It was my perfect start to the year.

. . . .

THE END

. . . .

Thank you for taking your time to read my stuff. Hope you enjoyed them. I would really appreciate it if you leave your final opinion on this. I'm open to any suggestions, positive or negative. If you have left any feedback or suggestions along the way and I haven't responded to it, just know that I'm really grateful for it and I will reply to them soon.

Leave the date and time you finished reading it.

Love you all,
Sara.

Love you all, Sara