Chapter 24

-2 Years Ago-

"You told me it meant something!", my co star screams in my face. I flinch away, his spit flying in my eye. It was too early for this. And it didn't help that he was screaming at me in front of a room full of people.

  Let me catch you up.

  I'd been f*cking around with my co star since the first week we started shooting. It was fun. He had an unlimited amount of supply, as his father ran a marijuana farm outside of the city. There isn't much I wouldn't do for a good joint, even if that meant spending countless hours with a kid I didn't care about.

  But he obviously cared about me, hence the screaming in my face. I put a hand on, dramatically wiping my hand across my face. "Come again?", I ask, cocking an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?".

  I knew what he was talking about. Duh. Two nights ago, I'd went out with this guy I'd known in high school. He was in the city, we never linked up like that. So we linked up like that. Then the paparazzi saw. I didn't think it would be a big deal, as I had no actual ties to anyone.

My co star didn't see it like that. He saw it as a pierce to his person, which made no sense. I'd assumed he knew me. Knew what I did. This shouldn't come as a surprise, but obviously it did.

"You! You!", he begins, his face turning a bright red. He turns to the large table everyone important on the movie was around, and swiped his hand, knocking off scripts from the table. "We had something, Malachi! You know it did! You told me about-". I stop him, instantly. I don't mean to, but my hand collided with his jaw before I can stop myself.

  The room gasps in unison, the producer running to check on him. I stand there, shocked. "This movie is off. Done. You will never and I mean never get a job working for me again!", the producer yells.

I open my mouth to object, but duck my head and walk out of the room. My heart felt torn in two, and I couldn't believe I raged like that. Though, he was about to go too far. Reveal too much. I wasn't exactly the quiet type when I was high. Some call me chatty.

  I leave the studio, texting my mom to tell her. She wouldn't overreact, she never does.  She gives me time, and we talk about it later. Usually drunk.

  It was hours later and I was laying on a pool float, in a pool in Miami. I didn't know how I got here, or where I'd go next.

The truth was I could be ruined. If anyone found out about me hitting that guy, I'd be destroyed. I'd be called violent, tore down for it. I couldn't do that. My father was a violent man. I wasn't.

I take a breath, sending a text to my ex co star.

Me: Maybe we can work this out

Colton: glad to hear it.