40 | fountain of youth

[ look. willow has a praise kink, and young derek hale is a hot, cocky piece of shit. so, enjoy. it gets a little heated at parts

i also don't care if you think he's written a little out of character as a teen ]

☽︎

remember when derek just became an alpha, and i made all those jokes about pimping you out?

[ 4.02 ]

Deaton was expecting them as they brought the unconscious and de-aged Derek inside the animal clinic. He cleared the operating table so that Scott and Stiles could lay him on it. As Deaton looked at Derek in disbelief — a small part of him thought Scott was exaggerating over the phone — Willow stood by Derek's head. It had been raining when they brought him in, so she gently dried his face off.

"Wow," was all Deaton could say after a moment.

"Wow?" Stiles repeated, looking at him expectantly. "Wow, as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do'-kind of wow? Cause that's the kind we were hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton admitted regretfully.

Willow moved around the table, giving Deaton room as he checked Derek's vitals. As more of a way to comfort herself than Derek, she took his hand. It was slightly smaller, though still larger than Willow's hand. But what was alarming was how cold it was as opposed to how warm he typically ran. Most of her nights were spent curled into him, using him as a personal space heater.

"He's cold," Willow told Deaton in a worried tone. "Really cold."

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked him.

"Well, if it is, he'll at least be age-appropriate for Willow now," Stiles joked. Willow didn't appreciate it as she narrowed her eyes at him. There could be something seriously wrong with Derek. He could be dying. It wasn't the time for jokes.

Deaton used a small light to check how responsive Derek's eyes were when he pulled them open. But the younger wolf was completely unresponsive, even after such a long journey back from Mexico.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience," Deaton told them.

"So, what do we do with him?" Stiles asked.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much," Deaton answered, shrugging. "It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean, from Kate?"

Deaton nodded at Stiles' question. "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia then asked.