Part 40 - Invitation Letter

At the end of the month, He Yang returned to his old house.

Qiqi still ran around the yard. After seeing He Yang's car, he still habitually ran around.

He Yang bypassed Qiqi and came to the recuperation room.

Father He sat in a wheelchair, played Go alone, and asked, "Where's Ruan?"

Before He Yang could answer, Father He suddenly remembered and muttered, "She has left when I remembered."

He Yang came over and sat opposite. He picked up a black chess piece with his left hand and landed on the chessboard.

He's father noticed the ring on He Yang's hand and said curiously, "When did he get married?"

He Yang said lightly, "Not yet."

"Is that engagement?" Father He's memory was still a little confused. He recalled for a while and asked, "Is it the piano teacher you brought back last time?"

He Yang didn't answer, but just dropped another pawn, which was regarded as acquiescence.

"That's great." Father He laughed and said, "If you are getting married, Ruan must be very happy."

"Take him back next time. I'll take a good look at him." Father He narrowed his eyes and smiled, and he no longer remembered Xu Chengyan's death at all.

And He Yang also answered, "Uh-huh."

He Yang played chess with his father in the recuperation room until evening.

The housekeeper was still waiting outside, "Master He."

He Yang came to the corridor and suddenly said, "The room I live in has been changed again."

The housekeeper was a little surprised.

He Yang: "The room on the second floor doesn't live anymore."

The housekeeper quickly reacted and nodded and said, "Okay."

The housekeeper asked the maid to tidy up a room on the fifth floor and transfer some of He Yang's daily necessities from the second floor to the upstairs.

In the last room on the second floor, only Xu Chengyan's things were left.

After moving the things, the housekeeper locked the room on the second floor according to He Yang's instructions.

In the future, this room will also be a taboo for the He family.

The housekeeper sent all He Yang's things to the fifth floor. After tidying up the room, he inadvertently looked up and saw He Yang standing by the window, with several cigarette butts falling on the ground.

Since Mr. Xu left, He Shao has also become the same as Master. He always likes to watch the scenery by the window, sometimes even all day.

The housekeeper took back the line of sight and didn't disturb him.

In the yard, the dark green leaves on the trees gradually turned yellow until the whole yard was dyed golden red--

Autumn is coming.

*

Time may really heal everything.

He Yang seldom goes to psychological clinics, and occasionally when he is drunk in the bar, he will not mention "banquet".

Even if someone accidentally mentioned the word Xu Chengyan, He Yang did not have any special reaction.

Everything is getting better slowly.