Chapter: 24 January Pt.2

"What the fuck happened to you?!" Eren questioned Mikasa as soon as she took a seat across from him and Armin.

Their fellow Alpha's eye was completely bruised; her wrist was taped-up. It was a sight that neither Eren nor Armin ever thought they'd see in their life. Not only did Mikasa get her shit rocked, but they weren't there to witness it. Eren was a little offended that Mikasa didn't tell him she was planning to fight someone. If she did, he would've been there to back her up. Meanwhile, Armin would just be there to make sure no one went and committed a murder.

"I just got into an argument with someone. It's not a big deal. Now don't ask about it again, or else I'll give you a matching black eye," Mikasa growled in reply before laying her head down to avoid any more unwanted stares.

Eren and Armin looked at each other, then back to Mikasa, before deciding it was probably for the best that they talk about something else. However, it was hard to do so when they didn't know what topics were okay to speak about with Mikasa in her unpredictable state. Armin decided to give it a shot and cleared his throat before talking.

"So, Annie just had another baby appointment, right? She should know what the baby's gender is at this point. Are you two having a baby boy or a girl?"

That was what made Mikasa snap. Her head shot up immediately.

"Can you stop bringing up Annie and my kid?! If I wanted to talk about them, then I would've! Jesus Christ, you do know there are other things to talk about other than them, right?!" Mikasa got up from her seat and stomped away in a fit of anger, leaving her friends in a confused haze.

They looked at each other and decided it was time to pay Annie a little visit to see what the hell was going on between them.

+++

Annie took her usual seat next to Ymir and paused when she caught a view of Bertholdt's current state. There was a scab growing over his bottom lip and a gruesome bruise on the entirety of his nose. She raised a brow and immediately questioned the young man.

"Just what the fuck did you do after you dropped me off, huh? Go to a damn boxing match? Fucking hell, and I thought Alphas were barbaric and carefree."

"Oh no, they are, but I never expected someone like Bert to be that way too. Looks like these idiots are rubbing off on our poor Beta boy." Historia turned her attention to Ymir. "You're being a bad influence on him."

"Bad influence? I don't know about that. Bert getting into a fight seems like a good thing. People always think he's this gentle giant that can't fight, so these bruises are going to let people know not to mess with him.... Well, actually, maybe not. It looks like you got your shit rocked. We need to see how the other person made it out to determine if you're not to be messed with."

"Guys, you're making this more of a big deal than it actually is." Bert shook his head. "I just got into a scuffle with an Alpha and that's it. We're equally as messed up, so there really wasn't any winner."

Reiner laughed at Bertholdt's reply and threw his arm over the Beta's neck, pulling his friend into a headlock.

"Oh, you're just being modest! You can tell us the truth! You beat the shit out of that Alpha, huh? Oh, I'm so proud of you, Berty!"

"No, Reiner, please, it wasn't like that-"

"Holy shit, you got your ass beat, too?" Eren asked as he walked up with Armin by his side.

Annie turned her head back at the duo and raised a brow.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, well, Mikasa looks like she got into a fight then got all crazy when we mentioned you and the baby. We just came over to ask if you knew what was going on with her. We're just surprised that Bert was also beaten up," Armin chimed in as well.