chapter 24

Lincoln sent Emma to work, but he did not expect a traffic jam on the way. Emma said that she would be late if she continued like this. Then a guy called Alex came and knocked on Lincoln's car window.

Lincoln saw Alex, and Ask Emma not to turn her head, saying that generally this way of greeting is very dangerous, and then Emma did not turn her head. But Alex knocked on the window again and said something.

Then Emma saw Alex, her friend. He asked her to get in his car, so Emma got in the car, but Lincoln got out of the car and rode Alex, and sent a  motorcycle to Emma.

Alex drove Lincoln back to the company. When he drove back, he saw Lincoln standing in front and did not intend to stop. He kept going forward and Lincoln kept backing for a while.

And Stopped. Alex said to Lincoln not to do this kind of thing next time, so the two left.

Joy works as an assistant in jake's law firm. At this time in the pantry, she heard jake's colleagues say that joy  has methods, and then he said to them that he was pursuing joy, but he did not use any methods, nor was he playing cat-catching.

He also heard the mouse game later. Jake told his colleagues, who said he has no means? Otherwise, how could he become joy's boyfriend?

Joy was very happy when she heard it, and then his colleague apologized to her.

Joy said it was okay. After that, his colleague left him very happy and hugged joy.

Alex told Emma that he had found news from lawyer Nike about her cousin, getting a job in a law firm, and then she  was very grateful to Alex. He told Emma that he had been deceived by the most trusted person, so he warned her to become a lawyer. . At night Lincoln slept off early.

Emma returned home and told Lincoln that lawyer Nike had helped her find the news of her cousin.

Then Lincoln said that the fastest and most effective way to find his cousin was to go to the Public Security Bureau. Reported the crime, but Emma said that she did not want to report the crime because her cousin was her closest person and did not want her to go to jail, and attorney Nike was very reliable.

The next day, Lincoln went to find Alex and told him to stop worrying about Emma's cousin, because he felt that Alex had crossed the boundary, but Alex didn’t think that he had crossed the boundary.

He was just helping Emma. Eric saw Robert came to the hospital to visit a patient in the hospital, and then he found maira and told her that robert went to the hospital to see a relative because a relative was undergoing surgery, and then she went to see  Robert in a hurry, but ran into him and a woman halfway through.

Eric managed to prevent maira by bumping into Robert and that woman.

But maira finally knew that it was  Robert's girlfriend. Then she asked Eric if he knew it for a long time, Eric couldn't utter a word because he doesn't know how to explain to her.
She told Eric not to follow her and left.

Lawyer Nike invited Emma to go with him at night. The restaurant is also reserved, and the place is very well arranged.

Lawyer Nike asked Emma how is she doing? She said it was good. After a while, she wanted to leave, but he suddenly played the piano and sang.

Later Alex visited Emma at work and  also wished her a happy birthday, and said to  her that she was married to Lincoln, not Knowing that they are only a contractual relationship for one year, but Emma still said that she has fallen in love with Lincoln, Alex was surprised by her words. Does that mean when she married him they don't love each other, now she cares or something,

Emma said that not the case they love each other when they married and now she love him more.

Alex said that she and Lincoln get along day and night, and it is inevitable to have feelings. She hope Eric can consider it, and understand what she's saying.

After a while, Emma left. But she left her mobile phone. Alex hurriedly gave the mobile phone to Emma.

When he went downstairs at Lincoln's house, Alex took Emma's hand and handed it to Emma, but Lincoln saw it. When he went home, Emma didn’t see him when he returned home, nor did she see him celebrating for a while.

Lincoln was lying on the bed and Emma was very disappointed.

The next day, Lincoln wanted to go to work, but Emma went out and told him that he had not changed his clothes today. Then, he said that he still had something to do today and asked her to go to work by herself.

Then he said, to ber....." Emma happy birthday, I was sorry last night I wasn't in a good mood yesterday"

Emma didn’t take it seriously, and said...." It okay, am okay with that"

Lincoln know very well that she's not okay she's just holding it in so he decide to cheer her up. He made a wide funny smile and twist his eyes up and that made her chuckle. She laughed at his funny act, when was about to leave she hold his hand and he assures her that when he's back from work in the evening he will show her some care paying for making her upset on her birthday.

Emma was happy about that, she went inside and prepare to leave for work.

Lincoln went to find where joy is working. Emma returned to the company, Alex brought breakfast for everyone, saying that the bakery near his home had a discount, so he brought breakfast for everyone, and specially brought one for Emma.

She told him that it he didn’t need to be so troublesome. He said that she shouldn't worry he's not up to something because he also gave some other coworkers at the company.

After ten minutes, he report to his office and then left. The colleague was strange at this time, because the company recently had dinner and breakfast, and then the female colleague said, is this unclear? It means Alex, Emma, and Lincoln are  now with jake During the chat, jake guessed that it was because of  Emma.

Jake told Lincoln that he had known him for so long and had not seen him like this, he had changed unlike before.

However, he said that Lincoln and Emma were just in a contractual relationship, but looking at Lincoln's current situation, he might feel that if he competes with Alex, he might lose. Lincoln is very strange, Even though you lose at such a business by competing with him, he can't compete with you Lincoln in getting Emma, because Emma loves Lincoln while Alex is a friend to her nothing more nothing less than that.