Saving Grace or was it a downfall??

We were in Vacation in my husband Allen's  (made up anoai member) home in Samoa. Everything about the island and culture was stunning, the people were welcoming more so his family and the food and let's not even start with that just amazing.

It was my first time being here and I was in awe of everything, we were here was because of the annual anoai family gathering which was never held on their mother land until today and I'm not complaining.

The party was blasting, the men were busy with the barbecue as always, the kids were laughing and playing, some women were off busy in the kitchen preparing the rest of the meal.

I was so grateful, his cousin Joe wasn't around, he was held up somewhere, got something to do with his job and for that I was grateful for WWE.

The reason I didn't want him here was because of alot of things, back in the day we used to secretly date, we were so in love and instead of us being honest with Allen about our relationship as we had planned when we found out Allen was into me, he broke up with me instead, one of the worst days of my life, still hurts to do this day.

After that, I decided to go out with Allen and make that man jealous, and for him to see what he was missing without me, but that was shortlived when he went off to college and met his wife whom he's been head over hills for since then.

I was massively hurt when I learned that they were expecting a child and getting married.

I hadn't seen him in like a decade plus and I hope that will stay that way for life if I'm being honest.  And you will ask me how is that possible when we've had numerous and countless family gathering, our family is huge so we had different gatherings, for example we hailed from california so we only had gatherings for the family in california only well apart from today when they decided to bring everyone up here in Samoa.

I was more or less of a loner and was not really a people person, so I wasn't really among other people, I decided to go take walk by the ocean, it calmed me and the fact that he wasn't coming made me so glad.

As I was walking by the ocean, I found a place with motor yachts.

"Hey sir, can I borrow one of these boats, I'll return it."

"No issue but do you see that small shop over there?? Thats where you
can buy a ticket to ride one of these."

"Sure" I said as I headed for the small shop, paid the man, took one of their boats for a ride further into the ocean and decided to stop the boat in the middle of the sea to have my own thoughts and to think about things, I didn't want to think about him, I didn't want him to have a leash on me especially after I've done such a good job of forgetting him.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a huge splash of water and I went out to see what it was only to be met by dolphins swimming by happily which put a smile on my face.

Sometimes I wished I was one of these gorgeous creatures, they seemed to be so peaceful with no worries whatsoever just enjoying each other's company and I envied that.

Looking at them it made me realise that I'm not in love with my husband as I thought I was gonna be by now, my heart just couldn't fall in love with him, cause even though it pains me to say, I was very much in love with Joe to this day, thats why I needed to come out here and just let my emotions out.

Tears grazed my eyes, as the thought of going back to pretending that everything was OK crossed my mind.

I didn't want to go back, I wanted to stay here in the middle of the ocean for good. There was nothing as painful as being in love with someone who will never be yours, it was one of the worst feelings out there, plus I was married to the said man's cousin and I just couldn't break his heart that way, I just couldn't break their bond together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dont know how I fell asleep, but when I woke up it was already night time, not only did I oversleep but looking at my phone, I totally missed the barbecue as well, one thing I knew for sure is that they were worried sick.

So I quickly woke up and tried to start the boat but it didn't start, I tried a couple of times praying it would start but to no avail, I know I said I wished I'd stay out here forever but not like this, the feeling of fear started to creep in my mind and I had to push it back.

This thing had no fuel and my phone had no service.

"Oh my God" I muttered

There was no other way other than me sleeping here in the middle of the ocean and hoping they would notice and come look for me thats if they'll find me.

I prayed that the waves wouldn't be strong enough to capsize the boat and for a clear night cause I don't know what I'd do if it rained.

I couldn't sleep so I laid down on the back of the boat and looked at the stars hoping for a miracle.

From a far i could hear the sound of engine, I woke up immediately and started calling for help.

The big white yacht came into view and was approaching my way and I let out a sigh of relief.

It stood infront of my yacht, a man whom I couldn't see properly threw a hook looking like thing to my boat and I quickly went to the front and hooked the strong metal onto my boat firmly

Before I could even be grateful the big yacht's engine started and my boat was pulled off which had me stumbling, almost hitting the ground.

I slowly and carefully made it to the inside of my boat and sat there, thanking the stars for this miracle.

Minutes had passed and we finally reached the island and specifically to the place where I had rented this boat.  Assuming they are the ones who sent out the big yacht to rescue mem

Once I was on the island I took my essentials and left, but a voice stopped me and I couldn't believe who it was.

"Joe?" He was just alighting from the yacht that came to rescue me.

He was the one who came to save me.

"Wait what are you do-"

Before I could even finish my sentence he literally kissed me like his life depended on it, It was one of those hard kisses that were filled with so much passion and want.

At first I was taken aback by the kiss before registering what was happening and pushed him back but I couldn't because I actually liked this, so I kissed back with almost as hard intensity. Our tongues battling out for dominance and obviously he won.

As the kiss got steamy

"Marie??" I immediately pushed Joe as far as I can there standing a few distance from us was Allen with almost all the members of the family.

A/N: Happy belated new year and new month!!! Sorry for the delay I've had one hell of a massive writer's block and busy at work in the few last months. I decided to start the first chapter of this new year with suspense and yes there will be no part 2, I'm leaving the rest of the story out for you to end it in your minds the way you see fit. I missed y'all so much and I'm sorry I didn't make my comeback with smut. Next chapter will be smut so watch out for that. Thanks for the 66 plus thousand reads y'all are amazing. 🤗💖💝