Chapter 23: Follow the Heart

New book cover😆 I know what you're thinking, seriously Jessica? Again? So soon? But senpai offered to make me one which is like dream come true, so enjoy this amazing book cover by oOtakuna

And enjoy this chapter too.
___________________________

|Lucy's POV|

Thinking made my head hurt and I didn't want to think anymore, it made me wanna cry.

I ended up lying on my bed snacking on junk food. Ha, I'm such a mess.

Yeah, you are. A voice said in my head.

Well then. It's not like I care.

You'd care if Natsu walked in right now.

You mean Sting?

Yeah, the same way you'd care if Rogue walked in.

Hah? It's different. Sting's the one I like.

Yeah right.

It's true!

Whatever convinces yourself. I mean that's what you've been doing the whole time right?

That's not true!

How are you in love with him? Prove it.

He saved me that day!

Face it, you were wishing it was Natsu who saved you.

He listened to my worries!

Natsu would have listened, if you told him.

Shut up! You don't know anything about me!

Wrong. I am you.

Sting's the one I like!

You're just trying to get over Natsu. You don't actually like him.

No! I-I do like him...

You sure about that?

Yes...

Then tell me, why wasn't your heart beating when he agreed to go out with you? Why didn't you have any reaction?

I...

You see? I am you, I know exactly how you feel.

That was right... I was always telling myself Sting, Sting, Sting, when what I really thought was Natsu.

I wanted to get over him because of Lisanna, so I used Sting. I forced myself onto him because I was hurt.

Selfish. Just selfish.

It's not like I didn't notice Yukino's feelings towards him. I told myself she didn't like him. Pretended I didn't know.

I ended up believing my own lies. Of course I noticed that I wasn't exactly happy and nervous around Sting like I was with Natsu, but I told myself I was.

Why was I doing this...? Ah that's right. Natsu and Lisanna. I couldn't stand a chance. But wait a minute... Didn't Natsu say he rejected Lisanna?

Then maybe... Just maybe... actually no. He seemed mad at me. But I feel like if I don't properly tell him my feelings I'll never really get over him. I'd just do what I did to Sting over and over again.

I knew what I needed to do.

I picked up my phone and texted Sting.

_________________________

My brother and mom are fighting someone save me.