𝟎𝟎𝟏

EVELYN STARED AT JANGMI WITH a confused look, debating over the fact if she had really heard her speak Thai or not. Evelyn assumed she had hallucinated it because from what she knew Jangmi wasn't Thai, she was fully Korean and only knew how to speak her maiden language. So as Evelyn slowly sat up, she rubbed her eyes,

"Jang mi, is that you? Since when did you speak Thai?" she asked but paused once she realized the words that came out of her mouth weren't Korean either.

Evelyn gasped as she covered her mouth with her hands, "Scratch that. Since when did I understand and speak Thai?" she asked in an even more confused state.

That's when Jangmi rushed over to Evelyn and helped her off the ground, "Madame Saetang, I warned you to be careful of the floors as I had just mopped them. Now look at what happened. You hit your head and possibly had a concussion." she said as she helped Evelyn up onto her feet and dusted her clothes which Evelyn now noticed were completely different than what she'd been wearing earlier.

Evelyn tilted her head in even more confusion now, what on earth was going on?

"Madame is going to kill me when she finds out." Jangmi muttered to herself and at this point, Evelyn was beyond confused.

First, she suddenly knew how to speak Thai when she'd never once spoken the languages, then she had somehow changed her clothes without her even realizing it, and now her maid was calling her Madam Saetang? Evelyn didn't know what was happening but she wanted to get to the bottom of it as soon as she could because honestly speaking, she was kinda getting freaked out.

"Madame? What're you talking about Jangmi. And why do you keep calling me Madame Saetang? My last name is Lee." Evelyn voiced her thoughts and Jangmi stared at her as though she had just escaped from a mental facility.

"This is worse than I thought. Come. Let's get you to bed." she said as she softly grabbed Evelyn's arm and began dragging her to the complete opposite of where her room usually was at.

Evelyn protested and told Jangmi she was being dragged to the wrong direction as her room want usually in that direction, but Jangmi didn't listen and instead ignored her. After being guided back to her 'room', Evelyn sat on her bed and tried processing what had happened. Evelyn assumed she was hallucinating everything and that it was all just a stupid dream. None of this could possibly be real. Evelyn assumed that any moment know she'd wake up and laugh about the dream with her sister the next day. So Evelyn closed her eyes and waited, waited to wake up, but nothing happened.

So when Evelyn opened her eyes after what seemed to be the fifth time and saw everything was still the same, she sat up on her bed and pinched herself, but it only caused her arm to redden. This made Evelyn worried because if she wasn't dreaming, then where exactly was she?

Evelyn got up on her feet and decided to go wake Iseul up and ask her what was going on, she needed answers ofcourse. But before she could even reach the door, it suddenly opened, revealing it to be Iseul herself, with her brother Jake, who had somehow returned home earlier than he had claimed he would.

"You guys!" Evelyn exclaimed and wasted no time in running to the two, and wrapping her arms around them into a hug. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm so glad to see you both, you won't believe what's been happening." she said finally remembering how the words of the Korean language.

At this, Iseul and Jake gave eachother a look before slightly pushing Evelyn off them, "Ew what're you doing." they exclaimed and Evelyn was relived they were also speaking Korean, despite their rude behavior.

Maybe she wasn't going mad after all.

Iseul fixed her dress that Evelyn had somehow crumpled and she stared at her in annoyance, "When I heard you hit your head and were forgetting things, I didn't think it would cause you to be this weird." she sneered.

Jake nodded, "Yeah sis, I know I'm awesome and all, but there's a thing called personal space, ever heard of it?" he teased and Evelyn rolled her eyes at them knowing that now wasn't the time to argue with them.

"Listen." Evelyn said causing them to pause their chatter and turn to her, "Something seriously weird is going on." she declared.

Iseul crossed her arms, "What do you mean?" she asked.

Evelyn sighed as she began explaining all the weird events that had happened. She talked about how Jangmi could speak Thai and she could somehow understand and speak it too, despite her not being Thai or knowing the language whatsoever. She even talked about how Jangmi kept referring to a Madame and calling Evelyn by a different surname.

By the time Evelyn finished her story she expected the two to be just as confused as she was and worry over the whole thing as well. But instead of all that, the two gave eachother a weird look muttering something as they shook their heads in disappointment.

"It's official. Evelyn has lost it." Jake announced as he clapped his hands in a mocking manner.

Evelyn frowned at this, clearly not expecting that from him, "What? No! I-"

However, before Evelyn could speak again she was cut off by her sister "Evelyn what is the matter with you, we're half Thai, ofcourse we can understand and speak Thai." she said now switching to Thai to prove it.

But Evelyn shook her head, still refusing to believe it, "No we're not." she said in Korean once again.

Jake nodded his head, "Yes we are, it's why you can understand what Iseul and I are saying." he too said as he switched to Thai.

Evelyn stared at them in confusion, unsure of what to say next, but Iseul spoke up before Evelyn could even let a word out of her mouth, "And Jangmi's from Thailand. That's the only language she can speak. Stop acting crazy." she said muttering the last part to herself.

"I'm not crazy." Evelyn told them as she began walking in a circle and clutched her hair in annoyance, "There's something seriously wrong but I just can't explain it." she said.

However, Iseul and Jake weren't have any of it, so after a few minutes of watching Evelyn walk in circles clutching onto her hair for dear life, they sighed, shaking their heads again, "Come on." Jake said and him and Iseul began walking away.

"Wait where are you guys going?" Evelyn said stopping in her tracks.

"Leaving, until you start acting normal again." Iseul responded.

"Guys-" Evelyn said as she grabbed Iseuls hand only to have her jerk it away.

"Evelyn, whatever you're trying to pull. It's not funny. You're really starting to freak us out." she now said in a serious tone and Evelyn gulped, nervous seeing over this side of her sister.

"Go ice your head or something so you can get your memory back." Jake added before disappearing behind the room door.

( note: any spelling errors or mistakes indicate that this chapter has not been edited yet )

---

a/n: hey y'all sorry for the late update, I've been caught with school recently so it's been hard to write. I know this chapter is abit boring, but trust me the next few chapters will get more interesting I promise, just bare with me please. I'll try my best to update some point this week but if I can't then I'll try my best to do it whenever I can!