Chapter 23|| Angels Above

{I am putting both babies birth in same chapter. Will let you know during time changes}

Katniss' POV
Johanna and I are both about to pop. Her due date is tomorrow but mine is in a few weeks. I have about a month to go but I still feel very pregnant. I don't barely get up from my bed, Johanna and I both stay in the guest bedroom in Peeta and I's house. Suddenly, I feel water soak through to me on the bed.

"Kat! My water just broke. I thought I was having contractions but I was not sure and did not want to alarm anyone." Johanna gasps. I nod.

"FITCH! PEETA!" I yell. They both are running up here in seconds.

"What's wrong?" Fitch asks.

"Jo's water broke." I mumble while Johanna gasps for air.

"I will taker her to the hospital Peeta, you stay with the kids. We will call you when it's over." Fitch offers and Peeta nods. I feel nervous for Jo but I am too pregnant to think so I sleep, but not after eating a crap ton of Chinese food.

Johanna's POV
I keep pushing but nothing is happening. They all have worried looks on their faces.

"STOP!" The doctor screams as I am midway through push. "The baby is coming out feet first! EMERGENCY C-SECTION1!"

Someone comes up to me with a needle and pokes it through my arm. I stay awake but go very numb. I watch as they cut me open and I get very nauseous and fall asleep.

¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸

When I awake, I find myself in a room with all white walls. Nobody is in here but I here very far away voices.

"Hello?" I call and my voice echoes around me.

The whispers get louder and I can hear them, "I don't think it is her time!" One argues.

"Just let her live happily with her kids." Another whines.

"I get direct orders from the big man himself, and I don't ever argue." A man with a very deep voice says as he enters my room.

"Johanna, I am terribly sorry but you have past away." A man with angel wings tells me. Then my parents walk in, crying.

"Mom! Dad!" I hug them.

"Hanna, we love you and did not want this to happen." My dad tells me while using his nickname for me.

"It's alright Dad." I squeeze his hand but suddenly a newborn baby appears in the center of the room. He is crying but swaddled in a soft blanket.

"Johanna, your baby has died too." The angel tells me. I run to the baby and lift him up. There is a note on him.

Dear Johanna,
This is a letter from your guardian angel, Macy, your baby boy died shortly after your death. Fitch named him Joseph, to call him Joe in remembrance of you. Your death and Joe's death has taken a toll on everyone. I have talked to Fitch's guardian angel, Gavin, and he has predicted that Fitch will die from depression. We are working to not let that happen, can't wait to meet you up in heaven, if you pass the test.
~Macy

"Johanna, I think you should wait and let this all sink in, you can take the tests when you are ready. I will make your room more comfortable when I leave. See you when you are ready." The angel leaves with my parents following.

My room changes and suddenly it has a bed, a crib, a drawer, and a bathroom. All of them are the same shade of white. I breast feed Joe and then l lay him in the crib. My dinner appears so I eat it and go to bed.

+1 month later+
Katniss' POV
Johanna's death affected us all, but no one was worse than Fitch. We had to take Paige in and adopt her because Fitch... killed himself. He didn't eat, didn't drink and then one day he just, died. Paige is okay, she calls us Mommy and Daddy now. We will not let her forget Johanna or Fitch, or even her newborn brother Joseph Marcus.

I am really scared to have my baby because I can't die right now. I have a too perfect family. I have a too perfect life. I could never leave them, and then my water breaks.

"PEETA! MY WATER BROKE!" I scream from my bed. I am terrified and I start to cry. Peeta appears in the doorway.

"Let's go." He lifts me up and we head out, Prim has been staying here for awhile to help Peeta and she is watching the kids while I have a freaking baby.

†˚†˚†˚†˚†˚†

My birth went very smoothly and I am epically proud to have given birth to a baby boy named Hunter Braden. He has a blonde head of hair and beautiful blue eyes. He is the perfect mini Peeta.

"Katniss, we have bad news, after this birth you ruptured something in your uterus and you will never have children again and if you get pregnant, your baby will die after it is born." The doctor announces. After so much bad news, I wonder if this is all real.

My sadness is blank and I do not say anything. Tears roll down my cheeks and I can not move from my spot. Hunter is sleeping against me. As bad as this is, I can't help but to think how lucky I am. I have amazing friends. A great family. A roof over my head. And healthy kids at home.

Hi!

Wowww. This chapter took a major turn of events and messed with my mind. I literally do not know where this chapter went and why but it is what it is.
~Lauren🌴