The moment was interrupted by a loud, ratteling gunshot in the distance. I snapped back into my defence stance and got myself ready for a fight.

"Shit, let's get out of here," Carl cursed and grabbed my arm, tugging me into the dense forest. I kept my gaze trained to the direction of the gunshot.

"Wait," I said, shrugging off Carl's hold. "They could be from the car I saw.. We need to see if they are a threat. For the safety of the group."

"Are you insane?" He hissed, shaking his head.

"We can't let it be!" I argued. "What if they find us? We need to know for the safety of the group, Carl. Your sister can't defend herself."

"Okay," He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. "But don't get caught, I'm not hauling your body back to the prison."

I rolled my eyes again Carl and I set off in the opposite direction from the prison following the mystery gunshot. Our steps were in sync, almost soundless as we gently walked over twigs and leaves, careful not to make any loud noises.

Smoke rose from the ground and soon enough we got near a campsite hidden between the bunches of trees. I crouched down and inched towards the area.

"Here," I whispered, pulling Cark down. "Hide behind this bush."

After a few seconds a bloody man was dragged from the trees and thrown to the ground beside the dying fire. His arms twisted painfully as his body hit the ground, dirt and rocks digging into his skin.

"Where are your supplies?" This came from a man, a menacing looking guy. He wore all black and carried a silver pistol. My heart began to race and I immediately knew that this wasn't a good idea.

The man choked and coughed out blood, spitting it out onto the grass.
"It's in that hollow tree there."

He pointed a shaky hand to a tree on the opposite side of the campsite and the man sauntered carelessly over. He quickly returned with a couple bags full of food and some weapons. He wore a smirk that I knew would never leave my memory.

"That everything?" He asked, his voice low and threatening.

"That's all, I swear." The man pleaded, holding up his hands in surrender. I saw a glint of humor in the dark-clothed man's eyes, like he enjoyed being in charge, he enjoyed being begged.

"Thank you for your kind service," The dark-clothed man flashed a menacing smirk and put a bullet in the pleading man's head. His head fell limp to the ground. His hands that were once held in surrender, crumbled to the grass like broken branches.

"We have a problem, Carl," I whispered. Carl and I shared the same worried expression.

"Back to Woodbury, boys." The dark- clothed man called. I felt my heart stop at his words. My head whipped around but I couldn't see anything.

There are more of them.

I gripped Carl's arm tightly and attemped to sneak away from the campsite. Carl and I made it a few steps without being caught. I heard his loud breaths before his voice made my heart lurch in my chest.

"Now, where do you think y'all are goin'" A blonde man asked with a nasty smile, he pointed a handgun at Carl's chest. I gulped in a breath and looked over to a stunned Carl before my eyes fell back on the man.

Without thinking I lunged forward and knocked the man to the ground, holding down his hand that held the deadly gun. I used his surprise to my advantage, that soon ended and he pushed my off his chest.

"Carl, go!" I screeched. Get back!"

Carl looked hesitant but he ran and quickly dissappeared into the woods. I used all my strength to keep the man down but I knew it wouldn't be long before I lost the strength. My heart raced and adrenaline coursed through my veins.

"Little bitch! I'm goin' to put a bullet in your brain!" He spat, kicking me off him and pointing the gun right between my eyes.

"Governor! Come ere'" The blonde man called and soon after the dark clothed man appeared. I sucked in a deep breath and froze.

"Now what do we have here?" He asked and I was pulled into a sitting position. The gun was now pointed at my temple.

"What do we do with her?" The blonde man asked. I groaned and kicked out my leg, winding him momentarily. I scrambled away only to be knocked to the ground once more.

The Governor laughed and pulled me standing by the hair. I cried out in pain, which only boosted his ego.

"I like her," He said "I'll deal with her in Woodbury."

Those were the last words I heard before an abrupt pain exploded in the back of my head and my vision went black.

Some of the places are going to be the same, using the setting but the storyline is different

Vote and Comment! :)