28 | overlooked

keep paige's name out of your mouth.

[ 3.10 ]

A forceful storm blew into Beacon Hills at the worst possible time — no doubt, it was due to the Darach gaining power. Derek had no choice but to run off and help Scott and Stiles try to track down Jennifer. That left Peter, Willow, and Boyd — who arrived at the hospital just before the heavy rain began to pour — to watch over Cora as the hospital descended into chaos.

As the weather got worse, more and more sections of the county began to flood and lose power. It was so bad that the hospital was forced to evacuate and send all the patients to another facility in the next county over.

Peter dabbed at the sweat accumulated on Cora's forehead while anxiously looking at the hallway every few seconds. Doctors and nurses were all rushing past, no one stopping to check on Cora or tell them that it was time for her to be moved to an ambulance.

"Hey, anyone want to tell me when they're getting my niece out of here?" Peter shouted angrily, hoping that someone would hear.

And someone did.

"Sorry, but she wasn't—" Melissa cut herself off when she stepped into the room and saw Peter. Alive. "You're supposed to be dead."

Peter had shuffled backward, hiding somewhat in the shadows as if that'd keep Melissa from seeing him. "I get that a lot actually."

"I knew we forgot to tell her something," Willow whispered to Boyd. Then she cleared her throat. "His murderous tendencies aren't nearly as bad as before he died."

"That's not comforting, Willow," Melissa said, still not taking her eyes off of Peter.

"I don't care if you're not comforted," Peter said, rolling his eyes. "I want my niece out of here before this place loses power—"

Peter was cut off by Cora as she rolled to the side and threw up black blood all over the floor. Mixed in were small white pieces of mistletoe.

"She needs to be transferred now," Boyd stated, having moved to hold Cora's hair back.

Melissa quickly got to work so that Cora could be cleared to leave. She had to check her vitals, which were only getting worse, and then the ER doctor signed off on her departure. As Willow and Melissa were helping Cora get dressed, Peter received a call from Derek.

"It's not good," Willow heard him say. "She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance."

Based on Peter's expression, Willow could only guess that Derek had correctly guessed that she was throwing up mistletoe.

"How did you know that?" he asked. But Derek didn't stay on the line to explain. Clearly, they must have found Jennifer.

"This is her fault," Willow muttered, feeling sick to her stomach. "My father and Stiles' isn't enough for her. She went after Cora too. Her magic undid my healing."