A date? I don't think so...

It's been a week since I first came to Fairy Tail High, and I feel like I've seen all there is to see. For some reason, FTH always likes to prove me wrong. I spotted that boy Natsu the moment I stepped into my first classroom, and I could feel the presence of the S-Class wherever I went. Hallways, classrooms, you'd never spot one on their own, and they each carried a kind of powerful aura. I heard through the grapevine that Gray and Natsu are close friends, and always have meaningless fights. Erza is the class president, and has a long standing relationship with a college boy. I don't recall his name... She's also very strict. Laxus and Mirajane are the school it-couple. They're into more-than-average amounts of PDA, but Mira manages to keep her decorum through the school. She really cares about her family and friends. Mira knows pretty much everything about everyone and what happens within the school campus. Laxus is not heard of much, and when people do see him, he's hanging around Mira. Gray is the bachelor of the S-Class, and Natsu is the bachelor of the school. Both have reasonably-sized, unconfirmed harems following them (can harems be reasonably-sized?). Plus, my new friend Juvia is in love with Gray.

I step into my first class, which is taught by Professor Gildarts. I put my books down on my desk, and settle in. We spend the first minutes of class handing out textbooks and reading pages, when the class is interrupted by someone coming in late.

"Prof. Gildarts! Man, I'm sorry I'm so late!" A familiar pinkette runs through the door of the classroom and looks at the teacher. Surprisingly, Professor Gildarts, known to be one of the toughest teachers here just crosses his arms and motions for Natsu to take a seat with his head.

"Hmm," is all I hear from the Professor. I don't think much of it, until I notice that Natsu is headed my way. He drops his bags on the floor and takes a seat next to me.

"Hey," he whispers as he slides into the seat next to me.

"Couldn't you sit anywhere else?" I mutter, slightly annoyed.

"What, you don't want me to sit next to you?" Natsu teases me, gently poking me in the rib. "It wasn't really like I had a choice, anyways." Looking around, I realize Natsu was right. We had assigned seats, and the only empty seat was next to me. Natsu either hadn't been to this class the whole first week, or sat in a different area entirely, and he has the nerve to arrive late! Plus he gets away with it!!

"How did you do it?" I whisper aggressively out of the corner of my mouth. Trying to be nonchalant, but looking extremely suspicious, Natsu lifts his textbook so it blocks his mouth.

"Do what?" He says, a little louder.

"Come to class so late, but get away with it?"

"You don't know? Oh, right, you're new. I guess you'll have to find out, then!" Natsu grins, and sets his book down again.

"Baka," I mutter under my breath. Next to me, Natsu grins like he heard what I said. The bell rings, but not soon enough. Throughout the rest of the period, Natsu had entertained himself by making me laugh and/or squirm. He finds it funny when he advances on me, but I turn him down. Reaching for my stuff, I look up to see that Natsu is already holding my books. I roll my eyes, and take them from him.

"You're no fun," Natsu says as he returns our textbooks.

"What do you define as fun? Disrupting the class? Poking people in the ribs?"

"Yeah, I suppose all that is fun... But you need to experience real fun. Come out with me after school tomorrow. I'll show you some fun." Natsu gives a lopsided grin, and I stop breathing. Natsu Dragneel, the Natsu Dragneel of Fairy Tail High basically asked me out. The bachelor almost every girl in this school is after just offered to show me a fun time. On the outside, he seems harmless, so what bad could a little 'fun' be? At the same time, I don't want to go on a date with him.

"Tomorrow after school?" I repeat.

"Yeah. So it's a date?" Natsu asks, getting excited.

"No, it's not a date," I clarify. "We're not even friends yet, technically."

"Well, I can make you my friend." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"That's what I was thinking," I breathe, glad he took the hint. At least, I think he took the hint...

"And then maybe you'll say yes to a date with me." I roll my eyes at Natsu's smirk. I sling my bag over my shoulder and walk away from Natsu. "Tomorrow after school!" He calls after me. "Don't forget!" Despite myself, I start to smile as I walk away.