Beautiful Hands

Começar do início

There was no sound so I fully opened my eyes. She wasn't here.

I check Sylvia's room, she isn't in there.

I head to the room right next to hers. I slowly opened the door again and I see Mari, sprawled out like a dead starfish. I sneak up a little closer and she is knocked the fuck out. A little bit of drool on her cheek.

If hand holding tired her out than wou- Harry, no. Do not make this into a joke.

I was contemplating on waking her, but she looked so at .... Peace.

I scrambled into the side drawer to find a pen and paper.

'We will be in the music room. When you wakey wakey. X'

I put it on her forehead. I slowly walk to the door and I look behind me. I shake my head at the pictures popping back in my head.

No, don't think of her that way. Mari is not those pictures, she is Mari the Woman asleep in my bed.

-1 hour later -

"Hey, yeah just walk in. The door is open." I talk into the phone softly. I open the garage door from my phone. I hear the slight shake of the door downstairs.

I have been sitting in the same chair for over an hour trying to wrap my head around what Sylvia showed me. It kept me thinking. How can someone just prance around with so much light yet hold so much fear?

"How's it been going man, I brought everyone else over. Just in case we did something today ya' know special." I turn to see Mitch, Sarah, and Jeff along with the rest of the band crowd into the room.

"Yeah man, we haven't really heard much from you. Thought You bought a last minute plane ticket again." Jeff sighed as he sat on the small couch. He was practically yelling, and I put my finger to my lips. They all looked around suspiciously.

"Someone is sleeping upstairs." I said as I opened my small notebook with a shit ton of scribbles on them. The outside had a leather embedded date on it. The date I started writing for this album. I wanted to make it special.

Everyone stares at me. I look at them and they just widen their eyes.

"Oh, Sylvia brought a friend of hers back from that business trip. Jet lag." I huff out and they all nod their heads.

"So you have anything for us?" Sarah sat around the drums, she prepped her hands with a bit of baby powder.

"I think I do." I open the door to the other side. I prop the notebook onto the small stand.

"Can we start with the drum track Sarah made for the chorus. Mitch you can add anything that fits right. I only have a snippet of lyrics." I said. I cleared my throat. I hear the gentle drums, and I tap on the mic stand. Should I get hand tattoos? They look pretty well on Mari. I haven't gotten a tattoo in a while.

I get snapped out of my trance when I hear Mitch's queue and I start humming a bit.

"She

She's the first one that I see

She lives in daydreams with me

And I don't know why

I don't know where she is

Lives for the memory

A woman who's just in his head

And she sleeps in his bed