♪Battlefield♪;{JONAS The t.v show} Chapter Eleven

I lay in bed, hiding beneath my blankets. Today, we would find out who made the cut and who didn't. It had been almost a week since the audition, and could honestly say I was scared. Terrified. I knew I did good; hell, I rocked it. But knowing that there was a huge amount of talent at Horris Mantis Academy scared me. Hearing my mother's footsteps approaching, I turned my back to the door, groaning lightly. Do I pretend to be sick? Should I start coughing like there was no tomorrow?

At that moment, my phone went off with Sonny Monroe's voice, alerting me that I had a new text message.

You got your way of speaking, even the air you're breathing.You could be anything but you don't know what to believe in. You got the world before you, if I could only show you, but you don't know what to do--

I quickly pressed the button on my iPhone, hoping my mother didn't hear the song. I swiped at the main screen and entered my code, opening up my text messages. It was from kevin.

I'm outside. You're not getting out of this one. Love Kevin :)

I re-read the text and laughed and shook my head. If it were anyone who would make me go, it would be Kevin. I tapped the small box that would allow me to respond.

Sorry Kevin, I'm feeling sick. Love Rayne. :')

"Rayne!" My mother called as she opened the door to my room. I quickly put my phone on silent and pretended to be asleep. "Get up, mija, you're going to be late for school." She flicked on the lights, but I was still under the blankets. I heard footsteps cross the room and then she climbed into my bed. Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, I thought. That's not my mom... Before I had a chance to pull away the covers, I was being hugged tightly -- well, it was more like cuddled. I quickly struggled to pull the blankets off to see Kevin laying in bed with me.

"K-Kevin?! What are you doing here?!" I asked, trying to dive beneath my blankets once more. I now had to force myself to stay up; the way he was cuddling me, it was like he was trying to rock me to bed. I could see him grin and his shoulders lightly rose, and then fell into place.

"I told you I was outside," he replied smoothly. I stopped squirming and looked at him over the hem of the blanket, eyes narrowing slightly.

"Yeah... I though you meant outside outside, not outside my bedroom," I told him. His grin only widened and he shrugged once more. "So... Uh.. Why are you in my room?" I looked up him hoping he didn't say that he was dragging me to school. I could a small chuckle from my mother and she waved us off.

"I'll be downstairs if you two need me," she said as she turned, leaving the door open. Grandma didn't raise no fool. My gaze turned from my mother to Kevin, who was now pouting. Damn that adorable pout!

"Because we have to go to school today," he started. "Everyone's waiting for us there. You can't leave alone in gym, or Joe in trig!" He gasped. "And you can't miss out on lunch, especially not choir!" He continued. I wriggled in his arms and turned so that my face was in my pillow.

"I'm sure you'll all survive one day without me," I responded, my voice monotoned. I could feel Kevin's fingers run through my hair and I shut my eyes; it just felt natural. He shifted so that he could lay his head against my shoulder, shrugging.