Chapter 1

"mama" Naima said as she sat on the table. "can I be a software engineer like papa?" Her mom and dad looked at each other and smiled.

"sure bacha" her dad said and he ate his first bite of the amazing looking daal chawal. "but first, you gotta eat like me, then become like me." he told her as he passed her the plate of daal. She gladly took a spoon of daal and passed it to her older brother, Anhil. He is 2 years older than her.

"mama, the daal is so good!!" Anhil says as he picks up his and Naima's plate to put it away.

"thank you, Anhi!!" Their mom says as she kisses Anhil and Naima's head.

"bahia, can you help me with my homework.. I still don't understand it.." Naima says as she pulls her brothers hand to her table.

"sure Naima!" 12-year-old Anhil said as he allowed her to drag him.

"Aww!!" Their mom said as they were out of her sight. "I can only hope that they are always this understanding.."

"Of course they would!" Their papa said "They are my children after all!!" both of them laughed and their thoughts carried them away.

  6 years later

"Mama!" Naima said as she ran to her mom. "Anhil is on the call!!" She passed the phone to her mom. Her brother, who was now a full 18 years, graduated high school two months ago and went to learn business in his college.

"Mama, how are you!!" Anhil said as the phone went into his mom's hand.

"Alhullilah, good" his mom said looking at his face. "You have gotten pale, eat some more!! What are they feeding you!!" Anhil and Naima laughed.

"Mama, it's ok. I am trying to as much as I can. Now give the phone to Naima." Anhil said as his mom was in stress.

"Anhil!! How is everything over there!!" Naima said as the phone was passed to her.

"Good I guess.. how is your school going? Is Mr. Nick ok? His class was super hard.." Anhil asked her.

"yea I guess.. he said that if I want to get into Stanford or Berkeley, I need to work harder than I am wrote now, even tho I have a 98.67% in his class.." Naima said in sadness.

"it's ok, inshallah you will get into the college or university of where you want to." Anhil says as he gives her a reassuring smile. She smiled back at him.

"Naima, pass the phone to me!!" Their papa said as he walked towards her. She gave the phone to him and said bye to her brother.

She walked towards her room while her parents talked to her brother. Her room was right around Anhil's. She stole a glance into Anhil's room. The picture of her and her brother was right in sight. Tears rolled down her eyes, but she quickly wiped them and got into her bed. She knew what she wanted to in life, and has never been this sure before

P.S. First chapter guys!! Also, Ik this is short but I wanted to make a quick chapter for this and you guys will understand why later on so please enjoy and I will try to post the next chapter as soon as I can and I love you guys!!!

Sincerely,
Amira