rejected

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of going to Columbia University. My older sister, mother, and her mother went to this fantastic school. I've always wanted to follow their legacy. I'm most certainly going to get in.

After school, I walked to the mailbox as per the usual, to check if that special envelope was in there. Holy fuck. I gasped when I read the envelope. It was small, and off white, with Columbia's blue logo on it. It had my first and last name written in the middle. Seems pretty legit. I dug deeper into the mailbox and found another envelope. It was from Barnard. I didn't really want to go to this school, but Timmy begged me to apply because that's where he dreamed of going. I grabbed both envelopes and ran inside my house, sitting on the couch. Shit I need to call Timothée! I quickly rang him up.

"You got college letters?" He asks immediately.
"Yes, did you?"
"Yeah, I just picked it up from my mailbox."
"Oh, okay that's great."
"Coming over now."
"Thank god. We need to do this together." I said frantically
"Okay, uh be there in 10."
"See ya Tim."

As I was waiting for Timothée to arrive, I could feel my nervousness settling in. What do I do if I don't get in? I bite my nails and mindlessly scroll through twitter, trying to distract myself. I fail miserably of course.

I heard three knocks on my back door. Timmy.
I sprinted to the door and engulfed him in a hug. "Let's open these fuckin letters!" He announced.

We sat side by side on my love sofa, letters in our laps. "Okay, I'll open my Columbia one first, just to rip that bandage off already." I told Timothée. "Alright, then I'll open my Bernard one."
My heart was pounding, head racing at the possibilities. I could sense Timmy was feeling the same way, because of his bouncing leg, and lip biting.

"Well, let's open these fuckers.." I said, trying to lighten the mood. "Okay y/n, 3... 2... 1..."
We opened the letters at the same time, and my smile instantly fades. "Y/n L/n, we regret to inform you..." I close the letter, throwing it before reading the rest. Timmy doesn't even look at his letter, as he is focusing on my reaction. "Y/n..."
"No, no. I'm okay, read your letter!" I said tears forming by the second. He shakes his head, and opens his letter up. A couple minutes go by as he reads it. "Y/n I got in." He says gently.
"That's great! So proud of you my boy!" He could see my red nose and tears flowing down my cheeks. "Oh come here y/n." He wraps his arms around my body, as a cry into his chest. "I didn't get in. How did I not get in?! I have perfect grades, have done a dozen extracurriculars. What more do they want?!" I was breaking down at this point. Timothée pets my hair graciously. "I know this sounds like the most pointless thing in the world now, but things always happen for a reason baby." Timmy explains. "That's not the point! My future is ruined Timothée! What the hell do I do now?!!!!!"

He moves me out of his embrace, and grabs my other envelope from the coffee table. Timmy puts his arm around my shoulder, and hands me it. "You still have this!" Timothèe says joyfully. "What's the point? If I didn't get into Columbia, there's no way I'm getting into here."
"Come on y/n! You are the most talented, smartest person I have ever met. Both in street smarts, and book smarts. Just because one school didn't see you for who you are, doesn't mean that all that talent went away. Have faith in yourself."

I nodded my head at his kind words. "Well I guess we'll see won't we?"
"Open it y/l/n!!!
"Alright! Fine I'm opening it!"

I hook my finger underneath the tab of the envelope, and open it up. I slowly pull out he letter, and read the contents of it. Timothée's hand was on my shoulder, as he read it behind my head.

"I-"
"You got in baby!!!" Timmy screams
"Holy shit, I- I got in to Barnard." Shock laced into my voice.
"We're gonna be together y/n"
"This is- actually not the worst possible scenario."
"Wow, don't sound too excited y/n." Timmy says annoyed.
"No. Fuck. I didn't mean it like that. I'm excited! We get to be together at school for 4 years. We get to figure out our lives together. I'm just still processing not getting into my dream college, that's all."
Timothée nodded, still silent.

"See Timmy you were right, everything happens for a reason."

"Everything?"

"Everything."

Timothée pulls me into his embrace again, as we reminisce on everything that has played out in the course of ten minutes.

"I still have to tell my family about not getting into Columbia, Timmy."

"Is that really what your thinking about right now? You got into one of the most pristine colleges in New York. Just be happy!" Timothée, says pulling me closer.

"You're right as always Tim, to Bernard it is!"

"And to the rest of our lives ahead of us." Timothée adds.

Some things in life are a blessing in disguise. And this happened to be one of them.

A/N: threw a lil beautiful boy reference in there in the end with the whole "everything" thing.

Don't forget to star and comment opinions!!!

Ly hotties, byeeeeee