Charmed by the pink stain across her cheek, and her determination to keep the fast, he pressed himself closer against her and asked "Ye Disha kahan aagayi beech main? Ye bata, tu vrat kyun rakhna chahti hai? Because I am your husband, or you want me to live a long life?"

She couldn't think. Shiva's hands on her bare waist; one hand holding her, the other hand subconsciously tracing patterns on her belly, his closeness was turning her brain to mush. His grip on her was steady, and the fingers tracing patterns were so light, yet they left a permanent imprint all over her body. He was so close, she could feel the warmth radiating from his body, and all she wanted to do was melt into him. She blinked a couple of times and then realized he was waiting for her response. "Dekh, mujhe taang maat kar. Let me go" said Raavi sternly, but she couldn't help the slight tremor in her voice.

From this proximity he could see every quiver on her lips, the dip in her eyebrows as she fought to think of an answer. He realized he enjoyed teasing his beautiful wife, Shiva's softly whispered, "Not good enough...Tell me why, Raavi?"

"Ma-Main chahti hoon ki tu mujhse bhi lamba zindagi jeeye."

"Kyun?"

"Taaki ek din main chudail banke tere sar pe naach sakun" said Raavi. Catching him off guard with her response, she pushed him aside and left the room.

After Shiva got dressed for the day, he saw his brothers in the aangan of Pandya Niwas. Everyone was taking on some chore, any task to get everything prepared in time. The women were in the kitchen preparing for the pooja. He saw Raavi working mile a minute, looking like a busy fairy in her pink saree, hovering over the stove, dashing to grab ingredients, all under the strict supervision of his mother. Her waist teased him, casually peeking between the folds of her saree, reminding him how earlier in their room, he couldn't keep his hands to himself, sending all the blood southward. He knew he was staring, no, ogling at his own wife, but she looked particularly delicious in a saree. Which is why he was a little late to clue in on the fact that someone was repeatedly calling his name.

"Huh?"

"Shiva, tu yahan kya kar raha hai?" asked Suman curiously.

"What?" he asked his mother; all he could see and think of was peachy brown skin wrapped in a pink saree.

Suman whacked him across his arm, how many times did she have to call him and repeat herself? "Maine kaha, Shiva, tu yahan kya kar raha hai?" asked Suman

Rubbing the back of his head, "Nothing... I just came by to let you know that I will be out visiting the factory of one of our brands we carry in store. I will be back in the evening," said Shiva.

"Haan, theek hai, but on your way, make sure you grab a gift for Dishu. She told me she won't be fasting this year but its nice to spend the evening with her and give her something nice. Usko aacha lagega" said Suman. Shiva took a deep breath to ease his irritation and left without a response.

Raavi ran behind Shiva, calling his name out. He looked at her expectantly, and without preamble she said, "tu uske liye gift layega?"

Obviously not, Shiva thought to himself. The name of Disha was enough to dampen any joy in his heart. "Dekh Chipkali... mere paas iske liye waqt nahi hai."

"If you give Disha a gift, I will let you not break my fast. I am warning you now," said Raavi sternly. Since she had made the decision to salvage her marriage with Shiva, she had been looking for signs to gauge what Shiva wanted. It was important to her that today, of all days, Shiva focused on his wife, her, rather than anybody else. She didn't want to share this day with anybody else.